Bigger Red Giga Slime Room in Arcade Mode

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
So I've now given up on this quest called The Red King in Arcade mode.... This room is not optimal to fight a boss with so much hp that he can cover the whole floor before you've gotten him to half hp....SoG Arcade Red Giga Slime Room.pngLook at him, he's taking up 1/18 of the room! If he jumps 6 times the whole floor is covered (if you can kite him properly ofc). I feel like the room should be bigger or his slime trail getting a shorter despawning time. Right now I can't avoid his jumping because I'm slowed the whole time. :( I might just be doing something wrong but I don't see anybody beating this....

Edit: I guess I didn't need to post this but hey! Now I sound like I'm a crybaby!

Last edited:

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Someone already posted the same problem and
Teddy
said he's going to increase the slime despawn. So he's reworking that for fairness.

ark626

I dont think you are a cry baby. Im was not able seither To beat the GIGA slimne . i habe done everythinbg else in arcade but this quest so i think it is tooooo hard

sammy1205

Green Slime
never fought the furious red giga slime but I personally do appreciate the difficult of arcade mode. it's great and hectic. i did beat giga slime however. try getting the swarming flies, they help a lot. if you make sure you kite him in the same area while he jumps you can keep him relatively isolated. then when he does his spinning spiky hockey puck attack you can perfect guard to bump him and keep him in the center of the stage. I typically try to just run around the giga slime in circles so he doesn't fill the stage with slow gunk. if you get caught in the gunk he'll jump to you and squish you (i don't think you can block that attack.)

GarlicJelly

Someone already posted the same problem
That was me. :p

I typically try to just run around the giga slime in circles so he doesn't fill the stage with slow gunk. if you get caught in the gunk he'll jump to you and squish you (i don't think you can block that attack.)
You can't block the jump. :( And this room is not even close to as big as the arena which is the problem with this fight. I guess I'll just wait for the next patch and be the first one to beat him. :D

Aurophobia

Halloweed
I slam mini slimes into the giga all day with the 2H. Or dodge strike with 1H.
I do goof occasionally still, but I don't find the Giga's too annoying.
But, I still agree that Red Giga in a small area does not make a fun fight.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The next Frontline update will patch him to his, hopefully, final version!

His slowing slime will receive both a buff and a nerf, but I feel this new version is a much better and more fair challenge.

Own

I still refuse to believe anyone has beaten him without cheating in some way via programs. There's not a video anywhere of anyone legitimately beating him in arcade mode.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Maybe there should be a special prize for the first video proof of a fair win.

Rules:
- The whole run has to be on Video/Livestream
- No tools of any kind allowed to enhance the players abilities.

Prize:
- A statue ingame for the ancestor of collecting in the arcade mode? Engraved with "He/She was the number 1". It could be somewhat similar to the Hall of Fame from Pokemon. Or an ingame Character who waits after the Boss in congratulates you.

I mean if no one has solid proof for a fair win, there should be something special for this special someone.

Own

Pfft, I don't want some statue celebrating some schmoe in my town. Gonna topple it like Saddam's.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Oha oha, then not. No cool thing for the first to ever beat the Arcade Red Giga Slime.
But you're right, it seems unfair, but i still think that there should be a special unlock/item or little gimmick for everyone who beats him.
What about a cool Aura-Medal similar to the Butterfly one?
Or do you have any other cool ideas.

Raeden

Rabby
Well one of the devs said it is now possible but wouldn't share how.

So far I've had the most success with pure fireballs or pure shadow clones.

GarlicJelly

Teddy claim that he can beat him but I have yet to repeat that task. I mess up once with the slime trail and it's game over. :/

Raeden

Rabby
You have to admit though, that the notority and challenge surrounding this beast is pretty cool. Without him I'd have nothing left to do and those who beat him will feel proud.
I'm glad there is no video because once there is a single video everyone will beat him instantly.

It reminds me of the old days when you needed a nintendo power magazine to learn secrets haha

GarlicJelly

You have to admit though, that the notority and challenge surrounding this beast is pretty cool. Without him I'd have nothing left to do and those who beat him will feel proud.
I'm glad there is no video because once there is a single video everyone will beat him instantly.

It reminds me of the old days when you needed a nintendo power magazine to learn secrets haha
I don't think there is a secret way on how to beat him. I think it's more of a pure execution challange where all you have to do is find a pattern to kite him around so that you never have to step in the slime trail but I find that very hard to pull off as you wanna attack him WHILE kiting him in this pattern but I might be wrong. :/

Raeden

Rabby
I don't think there is a secret way on how to beat him. I think it's more of a pure execution challange where all you have to do is find a pattern to kite him around so that you never have to step in the slime trail but I find that very hard to pull off as you wanna attack him WHILE kiting him in this pattern but I might be wrong. :/
the room is so small so it needs to be executed flawlessly whatever you decide to do.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
The Shields Defense is based on the players Defense, so maybe with the DefenseBuff and perfect Shielding and you get the Crit+InstaCharge. So maybe a Perfect-Block-Build with a center around a single shot spell like Fireball or SpiritSlash with its high final strike dmg.

Raeden

Rabby
The Shields Defense is based on the players Defense, so maybe with the DefenseBuff and perfect Shielding and you get the Crit+InstaCharge. So maybe a Perfect-Block-Build with a center around a single shot spell like Fireball or SpiritSlash with its high final strike dmg.
What would you block though?