Grindea screenshot map

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
So there's this site and it has maps, like this, this or even this (wow for this one). And then I thought: "Grindea needs the map." So I made the map.

kjh8j48ujvcwekozg.jpg

Download full size: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lno5pnxf3iv8zc5/Grindea.png
Medium quality version (reduced size): http://www.mediafire.com/file/xfnv006a24by5ch/GrindeaMQ.png
Low quality version (reduced size and colors): http://www.mediafire.com/file/kjh8j48ujvcweko/GrindeaLQ.png

Big credit goes to Rokker, who made maps of first few areas.

I had to be creative on where to put and how to join things. Secrets of Grindea isn't a type of game where you just screenshot few areas and then glue them so you can see everything, but it's still pretty doable. If I ever feel like, I can make some sort of interactive map, where stuff like interiors is layered, so you can actually see everything.

Last edited:

Cheynas

Rabby
Now it's easier to see where the 'continuity' of the maps is broken, such as Evergrind City -> Collector HQ (Missing banners on the wall) and the Seasonne roads.

But that's just minor flavour. I'm surprised to see that much matching up already.
Great work on your behalf.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
UPDATED MAP FOR SEASON TEMPLE!
This is the most disconnected place in the game, so I started joining less obvious ways using white lines. Also the area clipped on Toy Factory, so I had to move part of Seasonne a bit. But you can now see the map of whole Season Temple, with water puzzle solved and one extra room... :)

Edit:
I added direct link to image, but it doesn't show on the page and you can only download it. But someone may find it better than seeing it here.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Complete current map for Mount Bloom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxr72mfpgyzt51o/Bloom.png?dl=1
Bloom.png

I won't add it to the full map yet, because area is still unfinished and I have to probably move the Flying Fortress (and other parts) to fit everything. I can't do this properly until area takes it's final shape (otherwise I'd have to move everything twice).

It'd be much easier to complete this map if I could disable the poison screen effect :/ It's not that bad though.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
how did you get a screenshot of the room to the right of the statue in the season temple i cant find a way in
I think these are all screenshots from the Dev blog and/or Vilya's blog so it's a preview of an area we can't access yet. :p

Ardeof

Rabby
Now that's a massive map :)

Hahaha... it'd take a couple of weeks, if not months to map out an older game. Secrets of Grindea is a sample compared to an "All you can eat buffet" when it comes to mapping.

Edit: The main difference is that SoG has a lot of content avg. per map. There really isn't any exploring to be done so far.

subaru313

Rabby
Impressive work!

Would've been really helpful if I found this thread before getting lost in the temple of seasons so many times ;)

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
You know what's worse than completing the new phase puzzle? Screenshoting it :bag:
That feeling, when you mute the sound and still hear this music in your head ;_;

Anyways, map for Mt. Bloom is now complete and merged with the whole map. I screenshoted only what is available in game, so parts of room walls are missing. I could hack the camera or get these graphics from game folder, but that I will do in the future. Maybe :chicken:

And a small sneak behind the scenes:
z6cFDfB.png

GIMP is using almost half of my memory currently. I hope the game won't get so big that I'll need a better PC :bag:

EDIT:
I just lost ability to edit the first post, because stupid forum tries to unfold the spoiler and stupid browser crashes the tab ;_;
Looks like you can only download the map now.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I don't know if this has been added since the edition where the last map added to the image was the temple of seasons, but it looks like the map is missing this room:

room.png

Leads on from the vines in the room with the block puzzle and connects up to the room with the tree surrounded by water in the middle, if the image wasn't clear.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Looks like I somehow forgot about this room. Adding it will break the map even more :bag:

I'll fix this for Tai Ming update.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It's funny how, when you try and attach the rooms end to end, they don't actually match up in the correct proportions, like rooms would in buildings. There either must be some massive corridors that the game cuts out for convenience or the planning didn't take that into account :D

Also, it looks like you might be able to squeeze it into the gap to the left of the puzzle block room and connect it up with a few lines.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
You don't really know what your character does behind the door frame, so there could be stairs which lead up in one entrance and stairs down in the other. So the rooms actually can overlap.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
You don't really know what your character does behind the door frame
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

When I was doing a game that didn't have a set map layout, I wrote an utility specifically to assemble rooms, and if you'd screenshot-map it now, it would fit perfectly (except for one hole in the middle of the ocean). However, this game was a platformer. I understand that SoG is a different thing and devs don't really care to bother about fitting the rooms. I have to be creative about assembling this map and hope it doesn't impair the readability :chicken:

Since this map is so big, I was thinking about splitting it into parts. VGmaps does this too - they have maps for whole game, but also smaller maps for single areas. These smaller maps could also have more details, like chest contents, or house interiors. The latter is hard to fit on whole map, especially if I wanted to keep it "unmarked".

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Comparing Mt Bloom with the other areas like Pumpkin Woods and Seasonne is... interesting :D