New on the Block

Zenene

Green Slime
Hi! I'm Zenene. :) I'm fairly new to the forums, as up until recently I didn't even know that frontline beta existed. But now I do, and now I'm blasting through the game for... a fifth or sixth time? Scouring for anything that might pop out to me. Mostly typos and language mistakes.

I'm an American, mildly fluent in French and Spanish, and I'm actually studying English in college--with plans to go into graduate school for linguistics once I graduate. Hence why I'm scouring for mostly typos or grammar mistakes. :) Anyways. If any of y'all need anything from me, you know where to find me! I'm usually fairly busy with school but summer break is nearing, so I'll have a lot more free time to play and help with beta.

I hope to speak with you all plenty more in the future, and I look forward to helping as much as I can with this wonderful little game!
Bonne chasse!

Last edited:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Welcome to the forum! :D Languages were taken a little too seriously for my liking at the sixth form (equivalent of American high school) I go to, so I decided to drop Spanish in the end. Also, 5th or 6th time?! That means I've got competiton D:

hours.png

Zenene

Green Slime
You should've come to one of our high schools; mine, at least, didn't take languages seriously at all. To get any real study, I had to redo all of it at the college level! I'm preferring French more to Spanish, but I'm tempted to start in on Spanish as well just to help with my Linguistics in that languages (and overall).

LOL. No. No, you don't. Not with 603 hours. I'm not even at 100 yet.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
You should've come to one of our high schools; mine, at least, didn't take languages seriously at all. To get any real study, I had to redo all of it at the college level! I'm preferring French more to Spanish, but I'm tempted to start in on Spanish as well just to help with my Linguistics in that languages (and overall).

LOL. No. No, you don't. Not with 603 hours. I'm not even at 100 yet.
Hello and welcome to the forum! So you've basically done the story 5-6 times but not gotten 100% on 5-6 characters like G-Meister thoguht?

Zenene

Green Slime
Non! I was working on it, before, after I finally unlocked frontline, and I was at about 70% on one, but... then I switched back to not-frontline to play with a friend who didn't want it, and then boom... I lost about... 12~ hours of work put into that character? So I kinda lost the will to keep working on 100% for a while there. xD

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I have to say, I should really stop bragging about my playtime hours. I looked at my list of friends who played SoG yesterday, and SoyAntonio has over 1000 :eek:

GarlicJelly

Non! I was working on it, before, after I finally unlocked frontline, and I was at about 70% on one, but... then I switched back to not-frontline to play with a friend who didn't want it, and then boom... I lost about... 12~ hours of work put into that character? So I kinda lost the will to keep working on 100% for a while there. xD
Oh, we're speaking french? Je suis un baguette de fromage. ;)
I have to say, I should really stop bragging about my playtime hours. I looked at my list of friends who played SoG yesterday, and SoyAntonio has over 1000 :eek:
Well... He joined the forum waaaay before you. I think he even had access to the beta when it was on Desura which is before the steam release and the pre-ordering. Can't really compete with that. :p

Zenene

Green Slime
Significantly larger than my 36. lol.

Oui~. Mais... o.o; mais vous n'êtes pas un baguette de fromage? Vous ne pouvez pas être autre qu'un personne.

I hope to, someday, get close to y'alls numbers in terms of playtime. xD

GarlicJelly

Significantly larger than my 36. lol.

Oui~. Mais... o.o; mais vous n'êtes pas un baguette de fromage? Vous ne pouvez pas être autre qu'un personne.

I hope to, someday, get close to y'alls numbers in terms of playtime. xD
Je ne parle pas francais. Umm... Yeah, that's about all the french I learned during my 4 years in class. XD
I'm guessing you said something about me being a person instead of a cheese baguette but I'm not even 505 sure about it. :p

Zenene

Green Slime
LOL. Google translate, actually, is a little more up to snuff these days. I said "But... o.o but you're not a cheese baguette? You can't be anything other than a person."

GarlicJelly

LOL. Google translate, actually, is a little more up to snuff these days. I said "But... o.o but you're not a cheese baguette? You can't be anything other than a person."
My parents said I could become anything... So I became a cheese baguette.....

And using Google Translate is cheating. I don't cheat with a language I don't even know. I may use it to look up the spelling of something but not entire sentences.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
And using Google Translate is cheating. I don't cheat with a language I don't even know. I my use it to look up the spelling of something but not entire sentences.
I normally use it to get a rough idea of what's being said if I think it's appropriate. Seen as I'm not much of a linguist by any stretch of the imagination I think that's a fair way of going about things :p

haneko

Green Slime
nice to know another multi-linguist I used to know Spanish, English and french. but I have dropped my Spanish, and am currently attempting to learn Japanese. I have an out of date 2002 japanese course.

also since you are good at spelling and stuff if I work on a novel would you help me write it down?

Zenene

Green Slime
I really want to learn Japanese, but I'd have to study abroad to do it, which kinda sucks. :(

Of course! It depends on my free time, but I can definitely try.

haneko

Green Slime
Don't have too I have a full language course at home. we could use those to learn enough Japanese to get by. then the only way to get better is exposure to the language. its good for about 45 levels it think...

I have 2 novels on the side I have been putting off due to a lack of structure.
Comet Fall a post apocalyptic survival horror of some kind that thing has been in incubation. for a long time.

and my werewolf Story Cradle; reckoning of the cursed lineage. which is a medieval fantasy horror which brings about a new kind of werewolf to the market. I have to admit I put in a lot of work on that one I think I put about 3 years on it.

let me know which one you want to try to help me with...

Zenene

Green Slime
What do you mean, lack of structure? Maybe I can help you with that side of things rather than helping you solidly write them. Of course, I can always help out with either in terms of grammar/spelling and wording things better. Just send me what you have and I can give it a look when I have some free time!

That's so cool, about the Japanese language stuff! I wish I could get my hands on some of that so I didn't have to study abroad for it.

haneko

Green Slime
the problem is im good at making fictional worlds that make some sense the problem is I cant write proper paragraphs, and I haven't been in highschool since I was 20, so for the last 12 years I haven't had the best grammar. Cant write a script much less a few pages before starting over. I have my actors for my story and a ton of lore. enough for a few books. those 2 stories are the ones that are still there.

for my comet fall its a problem of perspective. but for my werewolf book its a problem of time which time period should I start with? It would be nice to work on one first. which is why im asking you which one do you want to help with.