How to use the Forums - FAQ and Tips & Tricks

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Right, this thread now exceeds the character limit after making a recent edit, so I have a dilemma - since I didn't make the first reply, is there any way to move this reply here (or any of my other replies) underneath the first post?

Also, @res7less, are you still getting spammed with emails, or is it better now?

Last edited:

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
But all you need is to ignore notifications about posts, since you don't want them anyways.
Just add keywords like "new post" or something so only these messages get filtered.

res7less

Jumpkin
But all you need is to ignore notifications about posts, since you don't want them anyways.
Just add keywords like "new post" or something so only these messages get filtered.
Didn't even know filters can be that specific. Added a filter, that looks for "new reply".

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps it only works for new threads? That is, the threads you already watch will continue to send you e-mails when there's a new reply to them, but any new thread you reply to won't?

res7less

Jumpkin
Perhaps it only works for new threads? That is, the threads you already watch will continue to send you e-mails when there's a new reply to them, but any new thread you reply to won't?
Hmm, that's very possible, I haven't been paying attention to that yet, though. I'll check from what threads the reply notifications will land in the spam bin due to the new filter.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Right, this thread now exceeds the character limit after making a recent edit, so I have a dilemma - since I didn't make the first reply, is there any way to move this reply here (or any of my other replies) underneath the first post?
Um, did anyone read this? I'd like not to have to link a separate post :(

Anyway, in case you haven't realised already, the Forums have had an update! Now all go and bow down to @Teddy as your wonderful overlord :D... NOW! :mad:

So far, this is what I've seen. There's probably a update log somewhere with a whole bunch of changes.
  • The emoji/emoticon/emote/smiley bar now works, meaning I've removed the section on them in the post.
  • Custom emojis have been added, and can be found under the "Secrets of Grindea" tab in the emoji bar. To save you having to look yourself here they are. You can hover over any of them to show their codes: :bag: :chicken: :fish: :naniva:
  • There's been an option to add tags to threads. This allows for a more refined search of certain tags, as proven by a new tab in the advanced search. I wouldn't rely on that though, as, unless people edit them, all of the posts before the update have no tags on them :eek:
  • A "New Posts" section has been added to the main page, showing the last 5 posts which have been made (oh god, another list which is gonna have me in it everywhere ._.)
That's all so far. I assume it's most of the important stuff as well. Perhaps this might have fixed the bug with the emails @res7less?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member

I don't think that's possible, but I increased the character limit a post can have, so hopefully it will do for now!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I don't think that's possible
It's probably possible, but it would probably involve diving into the code and changing a couple numbers, which isn't really a viable option :(

Anyway, thanks a bunch! I'll get to updating it :D

[Edit]: Post is back to normal, and the only errors should now be grammatical! I could probably bet there's a "forums"/"Forums" error in there somewhere :confused:

Last edited:

subaru313

Rabby
Sorry for asking such a basic thing but I wondered if the right character to separate the words in the search bar is the comma? Or maybe the semicolon? I practised searching with trying to find threads I knew about already. But I'm still not getting good search results most of the time :confused:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The easiest way to separate words is just a space - there's no need for a comma :p If you want to search for a particular set of words, then put them in between double quotes. Don't use the single ones, or you'll get all posts with an apostrophe in :eek:

I'll add these to the post in a second, as well as figuring out what KoBe said about some other search specifications.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Just found another feature the other day - when you click to expand an image, the point in the image in which you click will move to the centre of the screen. Click in the middle of images for the best positioning!

...And don't say everyone's known about this for ages and I've been entirely oblivious for my entire time here :chicken: