Version 0.682a

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Summary: Praise be, the sounds have arrived! Also a couple of crafting additions, and stuff added to some shops! A Stable update is expected this weekend.

Recommended level: still around 21-23

Update Description

Fark, our dear sound guy, has finally slogged through the last Tai Ming batch and thus the zone is basically complete! This Frontline update is just an extra net to catch stray bugs that might've slipped through. Also, one quite rare crash bug in particular has gotten some extra diagnostics.

Apart from the sounds, two new weapons can be crafted, and a new shield will be added as the update comes to Stable this weekend! Also, the Tai Ming shops have gotten a few new items.

Note to translators: There are three new dialogues in Tai Ming Zone1 to translate!

Here are the humble patch notes:

Additions
  • The whole of Tai Ming now has its sound effects!
  • Added a couple of craftable weapons made of Tai Ming ingredients
  • Added some new items to shops in Tai Ming
Changes
  • Thrown Thorn-Worms now land with a bang instead of just meekly going into their digging action
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that could soft-lock clients in the first zone of Tai Ming if teleporting away before completing it
  • Fixed a bug that could make clients jump too far into the future and disappear during the mimic battle
  • If getting a card with the Angel's Thirst equipped, the new card's ATK bonus is now added properly
  • Other players now move correctly on clients when bouncing around during Phase Shifting
  • Not-yet-living enemies should no longer display their HP-bar even with the setting Always On
  • Enemy HP Bars appear and disappear with a bit more grace with the Always On setting now

Last edited:

Own

Immediate thoughts:

The new cursed sword is amazing for opening up a new build. Being able to trigger a perfect guard whenever, wherever you like. Synergy with perfect guard talents or a shield with a special effect?

Red Ribbon Brooch: Fierece -> Fierce
Red Ribbon Brooch: Listed as Stat:80 (+15) <-- What is 'Stat'?
Blue Ribbon Brooch: Stat +10. What stat?

Six of the new hats give no stats. Unless they're meant to be cosmetic...? :(

Will look more into it later, try to find that new secret. :)

Own

http://www.vilyaroo.com/2017/03/friday-meeting-post-tai-ming.html

* A couple more NPCs in Tai Ming's first zone
* A secret chest...somewhere I won't say
* New shop items

As an aside, now that Tai Ming is done, how are people supposed to get the Oni/Noh mask? Unless the one we weren't supposed to get ended up dummied out to a later date...? I got both of them before I was supposed to, when it was a one-or-the-other type deal, so now I'm not sure how they work now.

Also, turns out the missing secret was getting Shiidu again after my reset. Oops.

Edit This chest was added in an earlier patch, nevermind!

Last edited:

res7less

Jumpkin
Other players now move correctly on clients when bouncing around during Phase Shifting
That musta been a tough piece of work to solve, great job!

Anyhow, I'm currently not available for translation until at least may 2nd, but I'll look into it when I can.

Also hyped for a Bamboo Sword, I was wondering when I'll be able to put the 500+ bamboo to good use :D

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I was wondering when I'll be able to put the 500+ bamboo to good use
Now that you say it, the actual requirement, which is 50, doesn't make much sense. The bamboo is so fun to cut down that the sword should take much more of it. :chicken:
Say, 300. It's Grindea after all. (and that cringe, when you have to stand for an hour mashing button to cut down some stupid bamboo... so priceless)

res7less

Jumpkin
Now that you say it, the actual requirement, which is 50, doesn't make much sense. The bamboo is so fun to cut down that the sword should take much more of it. :chicken:
Say, 300. It's Grindea after all. (and that cringe, when you have to stand for an hour mashing button to cut down some stupid bamboo... so priceless)
Does it have a special? Maybe it should have one where its attack stacks with how many bamboo you're carrying :D (with a cap, of course) The avatar of vengeance sword for its slain brothers... which you can slay more brothers with.

res7less

Jumpkin
I... can't even begin to describe how extremely unsatisfying it feels not being able to smash the new merchant NPC's cargo... :D

smash_crates.PNG

Own

I keep meaning to report this and forgetting to:

Zhamla's Frost Nova just damages the player, it doesn't apply the Chilled debuff. Or Frozen. Seems like it ought to apply a debuff like Meteor does.

It's pretty difficult to actually get hit by it, even on Hard Mode, so it seems like getting Frozen would be a suitable enough punishment.

res7less

Jumpkin
Zhamla's Frost Nova just damages the player, it doesn't apply the Chilled debuff. Or Frozen.
I had already suggested this at some point as I too think being frozen would be suitable since the nova is easy to dodge if you know it's coming. I think it was in the thread where one guy complained about the whole encounter being too easy on hard, but I don't remember the title. I think you even edited the title as it was spoiler-ish. The same goes for the lightnings, they too only deal damage.