Corrupted Save files, please help!

Tomytom95

Green Slime
Hi!

I've got a few characters that just recently got corrupted and was hoping to find a solution to get them back?

Have unlocked almost all cards with one of them as well and played with another character with a friend, would hate to lose all that work :(

Would also appreciate if someone could find a way to restore arcade modes progress, would be a bummer to start over on that as well.

I've attached a .zip with all the files with my characters and arcade mode related stuff. Hopefully someone can help? :)

Attachments

• SoG.zip
    528.3 KB · Views: 4

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The game keeps regular backups, so maybe you can restore one from before the corruption!

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters. Go into the appropriate folder. The auto 0-4 are rolling backups. Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last! The “005h” and alike are permanent backups made every hour.

Choose a backup you think is appropriate, and copy it to the “Characters” and/or “Worlds” folders. Replace the save file of the slot you want to recover by deleting its save and renaming the copied backup to the correct slot. The 0 save file corresponds to your first save slot, 1 to the second, and so forth.

If it's specifically the character that's bugged, and not the world, you only need to restore the .cha-file.

Tomytom95

Green Slime
The game keeps regular backups, so maybe you can restore one from before the corruption!

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters. Go into the appropriate folder. The auto 0-4 are rolling backups. Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last! The “005h” and alike are permanent backups made every hour.

Choose a backup you think is appropriate, and copy it to the “Characters” and/or “Worlds” folders. Replace the save file of the slot you want to recover by deleting its save and renaming the copied backup to the correct slot. The 0 save file corresponds to your first save slot, 1 to the second, and so forth.

If it's specifically the character that's bugged, and not the world, you only need to restore the .cha-file.

Thanks alot! This helped and now my characters are restored. Keep up the good work :D