Dropped Composite Bow!

Shepsus

Green Slime
So, I was playing with my brother going through his story.
He needed Apples to level up his pet's health. Having 50+ I started dropping them in rapid succession. My screen flickered, and I dropped my Composite Bow and he picked it up. He now has two Composite Bows, whereas I have zero.

The bow itself doesn't have an option to DROP ITEM. I am unable to get a new bow, as Little J just tells me to enjoy the new bow!

Screenshots are available to prove this issue.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Well... that's pretty darn sad!

Did the bug happen when you ran out of apples or did you just randomly drop the bow despite having apples left to drop?

If you get a bit farther in the story (or if you already have made more progress on your save file), you might be able to get your bow back by upgrading it at Little J! I don't think he checks for the old bow so you should just get a new one.

If that's not possible, I'm afraid you'd need to make a character save file restore to take your character back to a point where the bow hadn't been tossed out :(

To restore backups:

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters. Go into the appropriate folder. The auto 0-4 are rolling backups. Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last! The “005h” and alike are permanent backups made every hour.

Choose a backup you think is appropriate, and copy it to the “Characters” and/or “Worlds” folders. Replace the save file of the slot you want to recover by deleting its save and renaming the copied backup to the correct slot. The 0 save file corresponds to your first save slot, 1 to the second, and so forth.

Shepsus

Green Slime
Well... that's pretty darn sad!

Did the bug happen when you ran out of apples or did you just randomly drop the bow despite having apples left to drop?
No, I still had apples left.

I'll continue playing with him and hope I get a bow again. If that doesn't work (when his bow gets upgraded and mine possibly doesn't) I will try your Restore.

Thank you.