Barrel Shield

zzkzzk

Green Slime
Yeah people have pointed that out, here. Apparently, most the safe spots only exist in the Normal difficulty, but I've only played on Hard, so I don't know. But, like I said...My opinion = Barrel Shield > Crystal Shield

Also, if my answers seem weird, I'm doing my best to respond appropriately.
你是哪个国家的人 是中国留学生吗?还是?

Aurophobia

Halloweed
I took Chinese for a year, but I'm just translating what you say online.
So I just piece everything together after it translates. I'm from the US.

zzkzzk

Green Slime
I took Chinese for a year, but I'm just translating what you say online.
So I just piece everything together after it translates. I'm from the US.
哦 原来你用的是翻译机 哈哈 我差不多能看懂你说的 至少在中国的大学里 我的英语四级考试是通过的
ps 有时我也需要使用翻译机
那你的史莱姆的帽子打出来了吗

Aurophobia

Halloweed
哦 原来你用的是翻译机 哈哈 我差不多能看懂你说的 至少在中国的大学里 我的英语四级考试是通过的
ps 有时我也需要使用翻译机
那你的史莱姆的帽子打出来了吗
Yes. I can never remember the characters very much, so I could kind of speak Chinese, but was terrible at reading/writing. But that was like 6-7 years ago. Haha, did you say something about a slime hat? I have obtained one, yes.

zzkzzk

Green Slime
Yes. I can never remember the characters very much, so I could kind of speak Chinese, but was terrible at reading/writing. But that was like 6-7 years ago. Haha, did you say something about a slime hat? I have obtained one, yes.
跟你聊天聊得很愉快 但是时差问题 现在我们这已经是午夜 我要去睡觉了 认识你很高兴
如果我说话的方式跟你们美国的习惯不一样的 我在这里说抱歉
byebye

Aurophobia

Halloweed
跟你聊天聊得很愉快 但是时差问题 现在我们这已经是午夜 我要去睡觉了 认识你很高兴
如果我说话的方式跟你们美国的习惯不一样的 我在这里说抱歉
byebye
It's okay. There's plenty of people here (where I live) where English is their 1st language, and I don't know what they are saying. It's noon here. Byebye. If you have any further questions, I'm sure someone here will help you out.

Cheynas

Rabby
Perfect Blocks only damage your shield by 1.

Not really... just a ton less.

Perfect Guarding the giga slime's spinning attack damages my crystal shield 3
(compared to the 12-13 of the barrel shield)

Number are off the top of my memory... need to start the game to confirm.
But I'm sure that it's more than 1 damage.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Not really... just a ton less.

Perfect Guarding the giga slime's spinning attack damages my crystal shield 3
(compared to the 12-13 of the barrel shield)

Number are off the top of my memory... need to start the game to confirm.
But I'm sure that it's more than 1 damage.
Well I don't think I've ever used it against a boss since I prefer the Barrel Shield so you might be right. But I'm pretty sure it only showed 1 when I used it against monsters in the Flying Fortress.

Raeden

Rabby
perhaps it can vary just like each damage swing. It also depends on if you have the bee card or not etc?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
perhaps it can vary just like each damage swing. It also depends on if you have the bee card or not etc?
I don't think the bee card would matter as it only increases the HP of the shield so the damage done to it would still be the same. I don't know for sure but I don't think that DEF helps the shield so as far as I know there shouldn't be anything that reduces shield damage except for a perfect block.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I don't know for sure but I don't think that DEF helps the shield so as far as I know there shouldn't be anything that reduces shield damage except for a perfect block.
Than i'm happy to tell you that Player DEF decreases the DMG the Shield takes.

Last edited: