My Suggestions

Vipes

Green Slime
I love this game so far, and I'm playing with two other people, and 3 just seems so perfect for the game. However I have a few suggestions

1) Allow trading among players
2) Hopefully make sprite change based on your equipment
3) Allow an Arena mode where players can fight each other
4) If you beat a boss in a certain amount of time, you either win a miniature pet version of them, or an item that can make you look exactly like them, but of course scaled to player size.
5) Give more pets, maybe one of each enemy
6) Give pets more things to do
7) Allow pets to attack, or at least have a setting where you could make them passive/aggressive
8) Allow Pet stats to also affect their own stats. You can also train them, like Digimon World 1/2
9) Steam Inventory/Trading?
10) Being able to reset your build, as well as your pet's, for a costly fee of course, the fee depending on how much of a build it is, and all the crystals you used.

Last edited:

Pok

Rabby
3) they're working on it
10) /respec (in story mode) [I don't know why you'd want to reset your pets, since it wouldn't help you]

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
1) would destroy much of the grinding for many players as the could just ask someone for what they need. Only cards and fish would be left to grind.
2) @Fred the animator already said that this would be really hard to make, because he had to animate each movement around each piece of clothing and this is unlikely to happen.
4) A Boss Pet *-* sound awesome but i don't know if i want to be a Giga Slime xD
5) There'll be a little less than ten of each enemy. 10 in total are planned.
6/7)Pets are not for fighting and and if you want to have a additional fighter put some charges in Frosty Friend

10) Yes /respec is possible but i can see how you could wish to rebuild your pet as you have 5 stats on 3 pets and maybe you're not happy with any of the pets.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
The do know but i want to have a lv 20 pet it's hard to level it to 30 just to get 10 points ATSP if you could reset it and just level to 10

and about the endless leveling. Vilya said that they're thinking about balancing that. Maybe it will increase exponentialy and will a soft level cap at some point or just says level 50 or something like that. We will see that when pets get updatet, but right know my highest level pet was Lv438 (with some cheating)

Vipes

Green Slime
All this time I figured pets have a cap. And cheating?

Anyway..

1) It really wouldn't destroy grinding. And if the player wants an easy way out, only they can complain they screwed the game for themselves.
2) Then, refer to 4), and only make it special outfits. Who doesn't want to look exactly like Phaseman?
4) You don't wanna be a squishy love blob? But yeah, a pet version of bosses and a 'costume'/visual transformation of them would be awesome
5) Well what I meant was each enemy can become a pet, excluding pallet swaps, as you can just change their color in the pet menu anyway
6/7) Who says pets can't? It'd give them more use as a companion, based on how you feed/train it is their stats. Plus, some bonding things would be a nice addition.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Cheating?
1) It really wouldn't destroy grinding. And if the player wants an easy way out, only they can complain they screwed the game for themselves.
2) Then, refer to 4), and only make it special outfits. Who doesn't want to look exactly like Phaseman?
4) You don't wanna be a squishy love blob? But yeah, a pet version of bosses and a 'costume'/visual transformation of them would be awesome
5) Well what I meant was each enemy can become a pet, excluding pallet swaps, as you can just change their color in the pet menu anyway
6/7) Who says pets can't? It'd give them more use as a companion, based on how you feed/train it is their stats. Plus, some bonding things would be a nice addition.

1) Borderlands1+2 and Diablo3 and to a small extend Diablo2 suffered heavily from tradeable items and Diablo3 even stopped that. (I know you still can trade white, blue and multiplayer items for two hours, but it's the principle)
I don't think that SoG will not suffer from tradeable items. It's just the human nature and even if now it won't hurt. It will when PvP is a thing and suddenly everyone is OP.
2/4) It's not an opinion thing. It's a lot of hard work to make 200+ animations á 60 frames x each outfit. When Modding is a thing maybe someday in the future, maybe then you can find someone who wants to do this, but now the Pixelferrets have more important things to do.
4) I think being Phaseman or a small Gund4m would be awesome ^-^
5) I understood what you meant, but i don't like the idea to have 100 pets.
6) I bet there are many player who'd love to do more things with pets, but i don't think a fighting companion makes sense. you have two summons that would become obsolete. Bonding and more activities, yes. Fighting, no.

And Cheating.... yeah. It's easier to understand that way. I just looked through the ram with a software called Poke and edited the data so i got a little more strength potions which i fed to my Rabby

Vipes

Green Slime
1) Well for instance say me an a friend keep killing thousands of slimes. He He gets 5 hats, while all I got were apples. I know there's a point to grinding, and if he gave me one hat, would it really stop me from killing slimes? No.
2/4) When I said become the boss/miniboss, I was also implying you'd have their attacks as well. But, even without the attacks, it would be nice.
5) Just because you can have all the pets, doesn't mean you have to.
6) Not everyone is going to invest in a familiar, and well, how about make it so the Pets won't make it optional, but like a sidegrade?

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
1) Well for instance say me an a friend keep killing thousands of slimes. He He gets 5 hats, while all I got were apples. I know there's a point to grinding, and if he gave me one hat, would it really stop me from killing slimes? No.
That is really nice that YOU are that kind of person. OTHERS are not as cool.
I mean there are always those 'True heroes of Grindea' that will do everything on their own and those who will grind even if they accept a trade here and there, but in the end those will be the minority.

It is just like in Garglius Spoiler Thread; some people there have expressed disaproval of spoiling things that are not yet officialy revealed, and still they look.
People are want to know and want to have.
That is in the human nature and wasn't meant to attack you.I am sorry if it felt that way.

Give a 5 year old a whole cake and he will eat too much and puke.
Give an adult free booze and free food and many will puke. Some people know restraint when they need it because they leaned that puking isn't a pleasure, but destroying your gaming experience isn't something that people learn.
They don't think: "I spoiled the game for myself :( ", they think: "This game has balancing issues and makes no fun. :( ".

So yeah. I oppose the trading, because it would not benefit the game, but make it worse in the long run.