other platforms?

Yuuki

Boar
I know its rather soon, but do you plan or would like to have secret of grindea on any other platform then the pc.

For example on Vita/3ds or PS3/4

sc0tt

Green Slime
This game would be absolutely perfect for the WiiU and 3DS. Imagine these scenarios:

WiiU: TV is your main screen while gamepad is your inventory/skills/menu.
3DS: Top screen is your main screen (like wiiu) and bottom screen is your inventory/skills/menu

I would no doubt buy it on both platforms.

NeuFusion

Green Slime
I'm already using the Xbox 360 controller just for fun and personally love it! Maybe not soon but i would like to be able to play with my friends cross-platform :)

Yuuki

Boar
to tell the truth while 3ds has a bigger market, this game fells more like a vita game then a 3ds one.

Mvalliere

Green Slime
Most if not all games look better on the vita I would agree, better screen, better graphics power, etc.

3ds has a much larger user base tho so it would probably make the devs more money.

Mvalliere

Green Slime
not really, while the user base base is bigger, the vita has the bigger attach rate.

I have been looking for vita numbers online but cant seem to find any, how do you know this?

I guess I don't know for sure that there are more 3ds sales because of that but still I believe it is true.

I know this is anecdotal, but when I recently went to PAX east, I saw hundreds and hundreds of 3ds owners, seems like every other person had one. Even in the "Handheld lounge" everyone was playing 3ds. I honestly don't remember seeing a single Vita...

As I said, I know it was an anecdote but still that is saying something. It is not like this event was sponsored by Nintendo or something, there wasn't even a Nintendo booth there.

thoughts?

Yuuki

Boar
there are more 3ds out there, no reason to talk about this.
The thing is that the vita has a higher atach rate.

Attach rate = sold games : Platform sales.

Wikipedia example

• Platform A has sold 1,000 hardware units
  • Platform B has sold 10,000 hardware units
  • Publishers have sold 5,000 titles for Platform A
  • Publishers have sold 10,000 titles for Platform B
In absolute terms, Platform B is outselling Platform A by a factor of 10:1, but Platform A has a much higher attach rate (5:1 versus 1:1). Thus for a content provider, Platform A may be more attractive, since at current attach rates the platform only needs to sell another 1,000 units for publishers to match their sales on Platform B.

Also it was reported that 70% of all brought vita games where purchased through the PSN.

Last edited:

Mvalliere

Green Slime
there are more 3ds out there, no reason to talk about this.
The thing is that the vita has a higher atach rate.

Attach rate = sold games : Platform sales.

Wikipedia example

• Platform A has sold 1,000 hardware units
  • Platform B has sold 10,000 hardware units
  • Publishers have sold 5,000 titles for Platform A
  • Publishers have sold 10,000 titles for Platform B
In absolute terms, Platform B is outselling Platform A by a factor of 10:1, but Platform A has a much higher attach rate (5:1 versus 1:1). Thus for a content provider, Platform A may be more attractive, since at current attach rates the platform only needs to sell another 1,000 units for publishers to match their sales on Platform B.

Also it was reported that 70% of all brought vita games where purchased through the PSN.
not that I don't believe you, but do you have a source for the attach rate?

Yuuki

Boar
http://thevitalounge.net/the-best-of-the-vita-year-two/
"While sales of the Vita itself have been on the upswing, it’s the games where this console shines – and there’s a lot of games in the last year that contribute to that. With an attach rate of ten games per console as of E3, we’re likely well beyond that now as sales and great releases have turned those two or three game backlogs into a dozen or more games (which I can personally attest to)."

"In the US, Vita owners on average have purchased more than 10 games"

"60% of all Vita title purchases are made through the playstation store"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DmoZAPDV3ew#t=2335s

Mvalliere

Green Slime
but that isn't proving that vita has more games bought per system than 3ds... just that they have 10/system

Yuuki

Boar
It kinda does for the 3ds to get near this rate would mean that Most games have to sell nearly 4 Million coppies each.