Commitment list.

Dulled

Rabby
Good evening, you all!

I'm extremely glad that the developers of Secrets of Grindea have given the community an opportunity to contribute, in a somewhat direct way, to the game development! Of course, I'm talking about the translations! If Grindea reaches more languages, more people will be able to play this game and make the developers rich! I hope so...

I'm really glad that I managed to get this opportunity in its early state, so I will be able to help the max I can. It also seems that other forum users have taken the non-official commitment to translate Grindea to other languages. Hooray!

Thing is, wouldn't it be good to know which languages have already someone on them? You could follow each language progress, as is it possible with a in-built feature of the translation tools, try to team up with some other folks or see which languages have no one at all!

Well, just an suggestion to keep things neat.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
My hope is that people will start a thread here announcing that they have started working on a translation, or want help working on one! That way, in progress translation could be easily spotted, but that does of course rely on people actually posting here ;D

I'm going to add a link to this forum to a few key places in the translation instructions, in hopes that it catches on

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
German Translation Team (open for more members)
Ark626
Yuuki
KalmTraveler
MrChocodemon
DotD
crushburn

Last edited:

MrAPSSPA

Green Slime
I and my friend want do our personal translation of this game, so we start a spanish translation last night!

Spanish Translation

MrAPSSPA
Blooderwar

Dulled

Rabby
Just a question, though. Will translations be unique depending on the country they were made in? Example: is there need to have British English and American English?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Just a question, though. Will translations be unique depending on the country they were made in? Example: is there need to have British English and American English?

That's up to any potential translators, and people who might be interested in such a translation! For me, as a Swede, I don't "get" the need for it, but if Brits and Americans would want an adaptation then they're free to create one.

In theory, you could even do an English story rewrite and we wouldn't have an issue with it. The only thing that should govern the translations is supply and demand! This is all an experiment, and I honestly don't know exactly how it will pan out :D