Recent content by csmallfield

1. csmallfield

Is SoG a tile based RPG without tiles?

Right, I think it's clear they didn't use tiles, my question is what were the reasons to not. I guess it's something only they could answer.
  2. csmallfield

I think I maybe wasn't clear enough with my question. When I'm referring to tiles, I'm referring to little squares 16x16, 32x32 whatever, that are placed on the grid based upon something small like a text file or xml. It's how all the nes and SNES games were made, due to severe memory...
  3. csmallfield

From watching some of the timelapse art videos from Vilya I noticed that SoG seems to use whole images for levels, it just is in the style of tile sets. Is that correct? was the reason that hardware of current gen computers can handle it easily so it was an unneeded optimization? I'd love to...
  4. csmallfield

Hello people of the world

Starting out in commercials, especially as a freelancer is a little unstable, but once you have worked for 3-4 different studios (and done a decent job) it's quite easy to work consistently. Some studios want to employ you, and then it's like any other job with a steady paycheck. Movies are...
  5. csmallfield

Thanks! Yes, I've been working on VFX for commercials and movies for the last 12 years or so.
  6. csmallfield

Hi my name is Chris, an American living in Berlin, 3D VFX artist, doodler, canoodler and poodler? I'm interested in game development and love the transparency of the pixel ferrets. so, hi!
  7. csmallfield

Carbon based human shaped artist thing from America but living and lurking in Berlin.

Carbon based human shaped artist thing from America but living and lurking in Berlin.
  8. csmallfield

The Life of a Pixel Ferret?

That's quite cool! I'm a digital artist myself just starting to dabble in game dev, your Project is a great inspiration. Did you get grants or funding to pay for the day to day costs of development? If you don't mind me asking.
  9. csmallfield

The Life of a Pixel Ferret?

Hello Pixel Ferrets, My name is Chris and I just found/heard about Secrets of Grindea and immediately bought the early access thing through steam. I've only been playing for about 20 minutes or so, but loving it already. Great design, great controls, really neat game. I also started reading...