Recent content by Ren

1. Ren

Fundamental problems of caster builds and how to improve those and enhance gameplay

The thing is they don't need multiple spells that suit fast play. The point of having different builds is to support different styles of play. It is entirely possible that the intent for most spells to be a slower more deliberate pace of play. That may not be what you want it to be, but it...
  2. Ren

Fundamental problems of caster builds and how to improve those and enhance gameplay

I never felt like I couldn't cast fast enough or difficulty with spacing. I did feel a bit choked on EP , especially if running even one of the permanent summons. I'm not sure what the balance is though being able to spam a spell at range would be a bit overpowered. While a teleport ability...
  3. Ren

"Magic sucks!"

Yeah, spending some time just trying out different magic and melee builds in story mode I found them all fun and viable. There were skills I found harder for me to use, but not that had trouble killing as a lack of damage output. Generally focusing on melee was my preference in story... but in...
  4. Ren

I think we need a Pet boost respec

I don't know about being able to reinvest points, again as someone says about since you feed them items to level them, but I think a more intentional method of resetting them back to base level would be welcome. Particularly if a new player doesn't figure out what leveling the pet does until...
  5. Ren

How about a RUN mechanic?

I'm a bit torn on the topic. I think the current speed works well mechanically, I don't actually feel like it takes too much time to travel through maps I need to walk through and then the warp exist for across multiple region travel.... BUT I do find myself, from time to time, wanting to hold...
  6. Ren

Similar Games

Illusion of Time/Gaia was so good! I remember quite fondly playing it on my SNES in my youth. I'll have to check out the other titles though.
  7. Ren

Any chance of different outfits?

I think the current character sprite looks awesome and I fully approve the choice for fluidity over something a bit more stiff for the sake of more armor. The visuals on the weapons, shield, face and helm are a very nice touch. Combined with the ability to choose new colors and I think it serves...
  8. Ren

Cut support skills in half.

I think it depends on how popular multiplayer experiences are in the end with Grindea. Some people really like to play support roles and so they would be focusing their points in that area while damaging abilities would be secondary to them. Not because it is the most effective way to play, but...