Recent content by thzfunnymzn

1. T

Suggestion: Movement and Positioning Skills

It would throw off the balance of things, no questions asked. From what little reading I've done of Grindea, however, I've gotten the feeling that balance still needs work anyways. Also, this was motivated by another topic, where people complained that there wasn't a lot of "horizontal"...
  2. T

Forgot to mention that Zone of Control would also be a "summon" that locks out total available MP in favor of keeping the Zone up consistently. ZoC and Haste, if they're to designed as core movement options for a player, really are something said player wants to keep up consistently. Hence, the...
  3. T

A lot of gear isn't very interesting, when it should be.

I didn't use Blink at ALL in Tai Ming, so it's hardly mandatory. Actually didn't want to use it, because I was concerned that having to carefully select a position to move to would make it useless in the heat of combat. Now, Snowman, on the other hand, I HAD to grab, in order for my 2H guy to...
  4. T

So, I couldn't sleep last night. Why? Because after posting in another thread here, I was seized with a "I must develop interesting ideas for an indie RPG." Hopefully, it works out in y'alls favor. ********************************************************* The basic idea I'm suggesting are...
  5. T

A lot of gear isn't very interesting, when it should be.

I don't have Grindea memorized, nor have I mass analyzed all the weapons, their availability, the progression of weapon selection, the mechanics they offer, their synergies with builds, etc, etc. But I can say, from what I remember, that this is false. There was no notable horizontal...
  6. T

Rethinking the Design of Shields

Not someone whose played hundreds of hours of Arcade, or even hard mode of Story. Just one solo run with a two-handed "big hp" build, and one co-op with my (not a competitive gamer) sister where I ran Ice. Didn't use shield with my melee dude (or with ice dude, obviously). Shield breaking is...
  7. T

First Impressions 2.0

Finished a playthrough with my sister. So I'm leaving my sister's First Impressions here. I'll tack on some extra thoughts of my own afterwards. General impressions: Overall enjoyable. Not something I would've normally picked, but enjoyed the co-op multiplayer aspect. Looking forward to the...
  8. T

The Game Is Progressing Too Quickly for 2H to Keep Up

I haven't played Arcade or Hard Mode to truly analyze the min/max potential of various builds. Also just plain not a fan of permadeath rogue-like, so it's unlikely I'll ever really devote time to Arcade. However, MLG Noob does present one point that my sibling just now complained about. I've...
  9. T

First Impressions 2.0

Finished Story Mode, single player, normal difficulty. General Impressions: Nice enjoyable SNES-style action rpg. Very enjoyable, quite sad to see it ended so shortly and to know that it'll take a while to finish. Love the silly aspect of the story, caught off-guard by the darker turns it took...
  10. T

Password Requires for Local Multiplayer Hack

* blush * That didn't happen. You all saw nothing. I clearly paid attention to what I was doing and wasn't at all tired from a long and hectic week, no sirree, nuh uh, not at all. >_< Sorry about that. Great game, btw. Very enjoyable evolution on the old Secret of Mana. Got a single player...
  11. T

Password Requires for Local Multiplayer Hack

Following various guides to get a local game working on one computer, but getting stuck because the person who must connect to the game is being required to input some unknown password. Have tried various passwords, both for my router, for my computer, just trying "password", as well as using my...