[Gameplay] Extremely high ping in Lobby

Drover15

Green Slime
It acttualy went up to 57K and its weird because he is in the same province as the host while I'm 3 provinces away.
ywPbzeX.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-30_19-13-26.png
    upload_2015-5-30_19-13-26.png
    712.5 KB · Views: 3

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
It acttualy went up to 57K and its weird because he is in the same province as the host while I'm 3 provinces away.
ywPbzeX.png
There are multiple reasons for why he could have bad ping. It could be the internet provider that has issues, it could be that someone is downloading (or uploading) something on his internet or maybe the weather is affecting his connection (here in Australia the internet dies when it starts to rain which is really annoying since that's when you really need it). :p

I would suggest that you try again when you know 100% that he has a good connection and if the problem persists then let us know. :) Also, was he lagging when you started the game?

Edit: I changed the title to be more descriptive.

Chairface

Green Slime
Just gonna bump this.

My friend and I are having the same issues.

We were playing fine one day, and then the next day we had high ping in lobby and Horrible lags in game if we even got ingame. We tested our connects in other games and on ping test sites and had no issues. :-/

HexZyle

Boar
(here in Australia

Wait what?

Just gonna bump this.

My friend and I are having the same issues.

We were playing fine one day, and then the next day we had high ping in lobby and Horrible lags in game if we even got ingame. We tested our connects in other games and on ping test sites and had no issues. :-/

You are using the Steam method of connection, correct?

Chairface

Green Slime
I am. Not sure about OP.

But we tried using hamachi yesterday. Not sure if the game connected over hamachi, but we encountered the same issues.

HexZyle

Boar
I have noticed that the game tends to exasperate latency issues.
Maybe it's some severe memory leak in the netcode, that becomes problematic when waiting on tcp packets for long periods of time? (multiple game ticks)

However, I have only experienced this through Steam. I have yet to test whether other methods of connection circumvent this issue, or if it's a recurring problem with Secrets of Grindea itself.

Chairface

Green Slime
Okay we have found a solution.

using the IP connection metode will clear all lag issues we have had. we are sitting ingame with a ping of 3.

looks like the issues is with steam connections.

Chairface

Green Slime
we were using steam, but with the IP connecting metode we are not using Hamachi. we are just connecting to the host internet IP and a portforward.