can we have some spawn protection? (arcade mode)

Eriktion

Green Slime
i think its not fair that
when i enter a new room there is a bunny biting me before i even had vision of the room

maybe enemies shouldnt spawn on top of the players when entering a new room
or am i doing something wrong?

marcipaans

Green Slime
Not once in 6 hours has anything remotely similar happened to me. I don't know, I think it should stay as it is already. When you clear a room you got all the time in the world and when you enter a new room you are supposed to be ready for anything. If this happens to you then just immediately shield when you enter.

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Out of habit, I start running as soon as I hit the room.

But I try to be more aware of where I run in the forest areas, because of the root spawns.

Scyris

Green Slime
i think its not fair that
when i enter a new room there is a bunny biting me before i even had vision of the room

maybe enemies shouldnt spawn on top of the players when entering a new room
or am i doing something wrong?

I think you may need a new pc. this has never happened to me once.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
While I have had 4 rabbys spawning right in my face once (they killed me ofc) I still feel that it's ok. I could see them before they attacked me and I blame myself for not starting to swing my sword sooner. It might be like Scyris said: "I think you may need a new pc." and in that case you have two options, buying a new pc or learn how to deal with this delayed vision. :D

Octave

Green Slime
This has happened to me a few times, and while it's not that big of a deal, it can be frustrating. I think that the spawns should be made to be a little further away from the player, completely solving the problem.

IHeartPie

Halloweed
Out of habit, I start running as soon as I hit the room.

But I try to be more aware of where I run in the forest areas, because of the root spawns.

Earlier Alpha versions actually had roots instaspawn in the map. Took so much stupid damage in my first episodes from this xD.

Anyways, I've never really had any problems with the spawning. Sometimes it's just unlucky the one direction you decided to dodge in had another mob in it, but most of the time you can dodge no problem :3.