Vilya's Work-blog! (aka Pixel Ferrets behind the scenes)

Thalldor

Green Slime
That's strange! For me it plays the correct video, what a strange error/bug :O

Okay, now its showing the correct video so that was strange.

Again, no review again today as there is not a lot to review again as it is only the statues and again all I can say is that it is suitable. I see no mistakes with the two statues and no major criticisms that I can make other than nit picking.

Edit: Actually looking at the second statue I believe it strays away from the original statue a bit but it still gets its point across.

Thank you for your time!

--Green Slike

Edit: I had an idea for the gold fish even though I said I gave up. Perhaps you could create a type of actual gold fish but then have it where it will have a golden tint to it so it looks golden and perhaps it could have some sort of shine to it like the gold bar fish. So it would be a gold fish that is golden more or less... This is a VERY confusing suggestion... Basically combine a real gold ffish with a golden fishs more or less... I hope that clears it? xD...
But NOW I'm done talking about the gold bar fish as I don't like saying that something is meh and not having any idea with it.

I have a feeling you had that exact idea but scraped it for the gold bar fish though. xD

Last edited:

Thalldor

Green Slime
MARCH 11, 2016 Review / Feedback

Hello,

Finally, I can review something!

Please note: Like always I'm always reviewing this with a critical eye.

First thing is first regarding the time travel zone. you still like to put the same looking tree right next to each other which to me doesn't look too good.

This
1409-99bec1760d77f1dc51b6e97ae3d635c3.jpg
here in the destruction of the zone is missing the black thingy as it is no where to be seen in the destruction image.. The red is still there but simply referring to the black stone thing on it as it would make since that it would still be there some where in the world.

This weapons rack on the side
1410-d827bcb24db21e6ad627ad6ab5e5abaa.jpg
is no where to be seen in the destruction.

If that pillar fell shouldn't there be a few cracks or beat up on it than simply being in a perfect state

If this sword/sign here
1411-f7f659d40422e7298213e9005a4c9fb2.jpg
fell from there with that type of force with the sword the sign would suffer damage from the fall possibly obtaining some cracks or possible split instead of the sword simply breaking.

This sword here
1412-6c1328862eb6b76a8aa78df9d9b52cca.jpg
is no where to be seen in the destruction of the land.

(Please note: I am sure some of the stuff missing from the land may be intentional but because I do not know I am still pointing it out.

Suggestions:

Perhaps in the destruction of the village since the village was abandoned the crates and barrels might look different so it would look beaten or dusty or something (Granted I don't know all of the lore regarding how long it was abandoned...).

Perhaps there could be some vines growing on the statue as vines just grow everywhere and since vines are growing there they would start to become evasive and to get higher they would surely grow on that statue unless there is another reason why. ("Destroy & add moss to the statue")

Perhaps there can be more floral overgrowth or perhaps sections with more overgrown grass.

regarding "Tone down the colors of the house a bit - paint tend to fade, after all" paint also chips off easily as well and so because it is paint having it chip of on some spots may help.

I do understand that this is an unfinished design so I am reviewing this not as critical as I would have.

This may be a work in progress but this here
1413-75d89597093dbe8916068759b7da72ea.jpg
is an incomplete path and it simply does not look right as the path looks simply cut off. Perhaps the path can be re added back but make it look like grass is attempting to grow there but still in the process so the path is still somewhat view able. Grass doesn't grow that well to completely cover that path I believe.

This is all I can think of for now.

I am not going to give this an overall rating because this is incomplete so I give this 23 cherry trees / 29 yellow pillars.

Thank you for your time and I hope what I said was useful!

-Green Slime.

Attachments

• thsithsi.PNG
    thsithsi.PNG
    2.4 KB · Views: 0
  • swordrack.PNG
    swordrack.PNG
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
  • sowrdfell.PNG
    sowrdfell.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 0
  • missingsword.PNG
    missingsword.PNG
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
  • odd path.PNG
    odd path.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 0

Thalldor

Green Slime
MARCH 14, 2016 Review/Suggestions (Edited back in)

Here we go again.

Again, please note: I am reviewing this with a critical eye. I understand that this is incomplete and so I will not view this as critical.

(Yay, you used my barrel and crate destruction idea... :) Unless it way already planned. xD)

First going to list stuff I've mentioned already, you can ignore this if you want because this stuff is still active. If any of the ones listed are intentional please let me know.

Summery of stuff from last review that is still active for this one.

Black thing still missing, sword still missing and still have duplicate trees near each other, a weapon rack is missing and the fallen pillar still needs to sustain some damage to it.

path is still incomplete but I believe that its a work in progress.

----

New stuff

"plants, a few rocks" Tried to find added rocks in this search and find picture thing and did not find rocks.

Found it and I approve the the rocks added, looks like the rock came out of the house and how it was done I find it fairly good.

I believe that these rocks here (Not the large rock the smaller ones)
1414-8f1d89f1ff0bd96c41f8ece595673e2a.jpg
should be scattered in some way or even sunken in the ground. You can even sink that larger rock in the ground as after a long period of time rocks will sink into the ground (I've seen it in real life where there was a nice red rock that was rather large but after maybe 20 years {Rounded} it was very far into the ground) I believe it could add some more realistic to the game by doing that but at the same time not everyone knows that information so its what ever looks best. x

Slightly curious why there are vines growing from the inside of the house unless it is to be guessed that the vines broke the floor boards and made its way outside (which I guess is reasonable depending how much time passed.)

I believe the color change on the building was an excellent idea making it seem much older and changes the looks of everything greatly.
--Same goes with crates and barrels.
Use of the vines were well done as it climbed that pillar

Suggestions::

Perhaps there could be twigs and other stuff near the cherry trees as if the wind blew branches off or twigs after a period of time.

Find it interesting how the vines busted through the crates / barrels but it can also be assumed that the wood rotted or X and then thee vines grew through the crates / barrels.

I think that is all for this review.

Again, because this is incomplete I cannot give this an overall rating so I give this 7 Chest statues / 43 ruined crates

Thank you for your time and I hope what I said was useful!

-Green Slime

Attachments

• rooity.PNG
    rooity.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Own

I've been gone a while and I come back to no longer naked statues, with update responses longer than the updates themselves. We're in the end times, truly. :p

I am curious, doesn't her new shape mean @Fred is going to have to redo the feather animation in Pumpkin Woods? Or does it line up well as-is?

Thalldor

Green Slime
I've been gone a while and I come back to no longer naked statues, with update responses longer than the updates themselves. We're in the end times, truly. :p

I am curious, doesn't her new shape mean @Fred is going to have to redo the feather animation in Pumpkin Woods? Or does it line up well as-is?

I think she changed all of the statues to look similar unless I misunderstood your question but I have been fairly up to date with her work.

Aye, the longer the update the better as the more work is put into it and she can show more towards us and I guess allows me to fully review it since I can only review what I see or she touches more or less. Short updates I can still review or give suggestions but I'm usually very limited and so because I was so limited on the statues that is why I didn't give both of them proper reviews or suggestions because they were both suitable. Although more or less just waiting for her next update but no idea if that will come today... And now I'm rambling as well... xD

That is all, thank you for your time.

--Green Slime.

Thalldor

Green Slime
Hey there Villa!

Got nothing to say for today's blog update since its a rough design currently and I'll wait to give my main opinion of it as its being create or once it is finished.

Although what are those white dots for...?

-Green Slime

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Huh, I didn't know you played Minecraft. I might have a proposition for you if you are interested of course.
I don't anymore, really. I sort of play it when I'm bored of everything else. I only used to play it when I had no idea about Steam. Now I play so many more games on a regular basis it's a different story. If I'm honest, the multiplayer communities are often all very young anyway... and I don't get on well with kids :/

What exactly is a "Villa"?
An Italian style of house, I believe. Look it up in Google images and you'll see why I made that picture :p

Thalldor

Green Slime
I don't anymore, really. I sort of play it when I'm bored of everything else. I only used to play it when I had no idea about Steam. Now I play so many more games on a regular basis it's a different story. If I'm honest, the multiplayer communities are often all very young anyway... and I don't get on well with kids :/

An Italian style of house, I believe. Look it up in Google images and you'll see why I made that picture :p

Alright, I will still give you that proposition when I get home on steam.

Haha, I had no idea. I just remember Villa better then Virilla and I'm fairly bad with names either way. xD

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
We haven't checked that, so I suppose it's likely it'll have to be edited a bit at least. However, the statues probably won't be replaced anytime soon, but more likely it'll be after the temple or after another temple (we like to add random stuff after the temples, in case you didn't notice) XP

Although what are those white dots for...?
-Green Slime
They indicate where the portals bringing you back and forth in time will be! :)

Own

Uh... I completely forgot about the update blog stuff for the past while, it seems, with my diving deep into the Avernum series. Oops.

But there's an interesting one today!

Boss Prototyping - Spoilers ahoy!

http://vilyaroo.blogspot.se/2016/04/boss-prototyping.html

I love pretty much all those attack formations, even if some are deemed 'too hard' it would be nice to see them as Hard-only formations. :D

Though, given that characters can't clip through each other (and can push each other around) and there are some very narrow gaps, I'm not sure how they'll all be able to escape through the circle fan gap. Unless characters are given a unique no-collision tag with each other for that battle.