(Discussion/Question) Weird ways to play?

Thalldor

Green Slime
Thread Status: Unsolved

Hello there, so I am planning some stuff in the very near future and I have some ideas but I can use some more ideas as well possibly so what I am wanting to know is if there is any strange ways to play the game, stuff that will restrict me in a weird way or a game command or what ever. I'm open to anything really.

Thank you for your time

-Green Slime

res7less

Jumpkin
You could try to play it with only your left hand (or only the right hand if you're left-handed). Or not being allowed to put more than 3 silver points into a skill.. Or you could switch your Up and Down buttons and/or your Left and Right buttons. You could also cover half of your monitor screen with something, so you only see half of the game.

Are those helpful? :)

Thalldor

Green Slime
You could try to play it with only your left hand (or only the right hand if you're left-handed). Or not being allowed to put more than 3 silver points into a skill.. Or you could switch your Up and Down buttons and/or your Left and Right buttons. You could also cover half of your monitor screen with something, so you only see half of the game.

Are those helpful? :)

Aye, it is somewhat. I never thought about the monitor one before.

Let me know if you or anyone else has more ideas. :)

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Run 1000000 programs in background to play the game with 3 frames per second.

Use Cheat Engine to freeze your experience, so you can't level up.

Use your shield to always walk backwards.

Run two instances of the game at once and play multiplayer with yourself (a.k.a. forever alone).

Never upgrade your equipment (only wooden sword/shield).

Mute your game and play Justin Bieber in the background.

Delete few random game files and hope it won't crash.

Say "Hi" in chat to every NPC you encounter and try to converse.

Move only using Piercing Dash.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Use your shield to always walk backwards.

I actually had an idea for something similar to this. Basically, you're only allowed to face in one direction (of your choice) wherever it's possible. You then have to use the shield to walk in any of the other directions without turning. It's very difficult, and I barely got past the Pillar Mountains. If you can beat Gigaslime on a normal playthrough like that you deserve a medal xD

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Sell all your weapons and beat the game with only a shield...
It won't work unless you cheat and use magic

Ariadna

Green Slime
Max a demo char, best items, high level, all cards etc.
That's what I did for the first day when I just had demo, then I bought full game.

Own

Pacifist: Ignoring Teddy/Freddy/Vilya at the beginning, 'cause they have it coming. You can only do damage with Frosty Friend and Cloud Strike, the passive summon spells. Active spells, like summon plant, don't count for this.

Ardeof

Rabby
- "Noob": Starter weapons only.
- "Hot Streak": No armor, accessories, hats. "naked" play through.
- Ele "Mental" Mage: Only use the same/opposing elements against each creature with an assigned Element made by yourself.
- "Untouched": Play through entire game without taking any preventable damage. Cutscenes that may damage the character don't count.
- "Speedrun": Find proclaimed "World Record of x%" and try to be faster than that within the guidelines/rules. Not much to explain here.
- "Pacifist": Only kill things that must be killed to continue the Story.

Kind of difficult to think of others that'd be a bit more interesting. SoG is locked when it comes to the plot and character alignment.