Crafting Recommendations

Dilbo-Faggins

Green Slime
I just want to have a bigger list of craftables that I can work towards fabricating while questing. I'm sure that (eventually) there will be many more items that you can obtain through crafting but if you're short on ideas I can think up a few:

Weapon: Candy-Apple (1H) 30ATK?

Ingredients:
Small Stick
Honey
Apple

~Small Chance of Stun? Or Increased EP idk.

Weapon: Spear (2H) 60 ATK?

Ingredients:
Branch
Boar Tusk
Fabric

~Bonus to Berserker Skill or Whirlslash skill?
Bonus to ASPD (attack speed)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Ingredients:
Branch
Boar Tusk
Fabric
That reminds me of the Long Spear from Wind Waker. I'd love to see that as a 2H weapon!
191023-full.png

Sadly, it costs a lot of money if you want your own weapon in the game. It's that or you have to convince the devs your idea is worth $750! :p

I agree though, the crafting options are a tad limited for the wide variety of skill buffs an items can have. I could bet there's more crafting items to come, as Fred has shown off a few weapon animations of weapons not in the game yet, at least one or two will be craftable. It also seems that the best gear is made from crafting (currently the best chestplate in the game for +DEF can be crafted before you hit the Pumpkin Woods) so there's another reason for more stuff to be implemented. However, these are all late game items as oppose to expanding the range of items we can craft with the items we already have, which would be even better.

It's a little annoying that there are no craftable mage weapons as of yet. I'm sure they're on top of that though, as there's been some recent effort to bring a wider variety of gear to mages, such as the robes and the toy wand.

Dilbo-Faggins

Green Slime
That's Precisely the design I had in mind! Great to know you're a Wind Waker fan. Yeah I don't exactly have $750 laying around to donate with, though the least I can do is hope that one of the staff members comes through this thread by chance. You have any crafting recipe ideas to share?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
though the least I can do is hope that one of the staff members comes through this thread by chance.
I'm sure at least one of them will take a look - they're very active on this forum :p

I don't happen to have thought of any recipes myself, though I'm sure I could think of a few if I tried.

Dilbo-Faggins

Green Slime
I don't happen to have thought of any recipes myself, though I'm sure I could think of a few if I tried.

I'm thinking of ways to craft more accessories and things of that nature. We could use a bit more variety on that note, though on the other hand I've been thinking a Slime Shield wouldn't look bad either:

Slime Shield: 230HP

Green Goo (Slime Cube... Eh.)
Wooden Shield or Barrel Shield? Iron?
Ectoplasm or Toughskin?

~ Has a bigger window for perfect guard?
I'd imagine this would be able to reflect/deflect attacks easier.
Jelly_Shield-Equipped.png

-Similar to this but green of course.

Quality Gloves: DEF+2

Cloth Gloves
Fabric
Tough Skin

~Higher ASPD and CSPD sounds about right.

I'd imagine that it wouldn't be as difficult to make another accessory due to the fact that it doesn't need to be animated onto the character and would just need a simple sprite. It can just be an edited version from the original cloth gloves.

-I'm getting too into the idea of this.

GilVallus

Green Slime
I've wanted to see a gimmicky weapon to where it boosts both ATK and MATK competently.

Enchanted Claymore (2H)
-Ruby Rod
- Squire's Claymore
- Crystal x 2
- Ectoplasm x 20
- Boar Tusk x 20

It'd have 45 ATK and 40 MATK, but only be useful to a Jack-of-all-trades when stronger focused gear becomes available like the Smashlight or Flower Whip. Like, say, a summoner who likes to baseball-bat away enemies. Also give it a thorny, beige-red motif with a bright silver blade because that's all I can think would match that jumbled item list I made based on item locations and accessibility.