[Feedback/Balance] Halloweed enemy is overpowered

Hexerin

Rabby
This is especially true in multiplayer, although this will become less noticeable as multiplayer netcode is improved and latency issues are reduced.

Basically, the instant attack on leaving their burrowing state needs to be removed. There's no viable counterplay to the attack pattern, it basically results in you unavoidably losing almost a quarter of your life every few seconds as long as the Halloweed is alive (which can be a while).

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
This is especially true in multiplayer, although this will become less noticeable as multiplayer netcode is improved and latency issues are reduced.

Basically, the instant attack on leaving their burrowing state needs to be removed. There's no viable counterplay to the attack pattern, it basically results in you unavoidably losing almost a quarter of your life every few seconds as long as the Halloweed is alive (which can be a while).
Are we talking about the Arcade boss Helloweed (the one found on floor 5-6) or just the normal ones? Because using your shield is usually how you avoid taking damage from them but the boss mechanic is a little different. :)

Hexerin

Rabby
Are we talking about the Arcade boss Helloweed (the one found on floor 5-6) or just the normal ones? Because using your shield is usually how you avoid taking damage from them but the boss mechanic is a little different.
Referencing the normal ones in story mode, to which using your shield isn't viable since that gives the multitude of other swarming enemies free hits on you instead. That's assuming your shield isn't just broken outright, which brings us right back to square one of you taking unavoidable damage from an enemy that is overtuned.

Own

If your shield is being broken instantly, upgrade your wooden shield. If you're being swarmed, run away. The Halloweed is fastest, it will hit your shield, stay in place for a while and let you run over to fight the other enemies. It's pretty perfectly balanced if you don't have a wooden shield.

Hexerin

Rabby
If your shield is being broken instantly, upgrade your wooden shield. If you're being swarmed, run away. The Halloweed is fastest, it will hit your shield, stay in place for a while and let you run over to fight the other enemies. It's pretty perfectly balanced if you don't have a wooden shield.
Try re-reading what I said, you missed the point.

Own

"I can't shield vs Halloweed due to swarming" -> "Lead it away from the slower enemies, shield it popping up, it'll stay there for a bit"
"The Halloweed breaks my shield" -> "Buy a better shield"
"You take unavoidable damage" -> There is nothing in the game that causes unavoidable damage outside of cutscenes.

What have I missed?

xEleaa

Rabby
If it seems bogged down with a swarm as own said you just need to lure it away, it's much faster than anything else. But pretty easy to block. And they attack stationary while in range and always left or right so easy to dodge to the opposite side.