Unskippable dialog - Haunted Forest

MTaur

Green Slime
The first time you get sent to the start of the Haunted Forest by the curse, the text from Bag is unskippable. This seems to be the only unskippable scene in the game so far, so I guess it just wasn't tagged somehow? It's a short one, but still.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think that's intentional. The dialogue sort of explains why you can't leave the forest straight away so I think it's made so that everyone has more of a chance to read it and understand what happens. If you could skip it there might be some confusion about what to do next but with the "forced" dialogue that you can't skip I guess more or less everyone spends that time reading it. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I thought the whole point of changing "press ESC to skip" to "hold ESC to skip" was to remedy that issue :p Another instance this happens is with the cutscene with the punching bag in the festival. I guess that's a cutscene in which you play an active part, so it's got a bit more of an excuse though. This one doesn't, especially seen as it'll mention something in your quest log, and even on the quick quest tab bar :p

quest.png

MTaur

Green Slime
Not only does it appear in the log, but there's also a big pop-up notice for the quest update. The cutscene just looks odd and unintentional rather than being frustrating. It is a rare spot that feels unpolished in a great game.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I wouldn't say it's as big a deal as you make it out to be. It's not like there's 50 text boxes you have to spam escape for :p Anyway, they're reserving most of the polish for after they've completed the main story, so if this gets changed at all, it might be a while until it changes.