Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
^
There are more spots like this and it looks like we will be able to swim.

Also, the wall in Pumpkin Woods will probably have one of these small plants and the path might lead to the house in Evergrind fields.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
@Teddy, or anyone else who knows - have we discovered what's causing people to get glitched sprites all over their screens for a brief instant when certain events happen? If not, might it be a good idea to get the system specs of the computers it happens on? I haven't seen anything like that at all, so I'd assume it's system specific.

Pharphis

Rabby
Question: Should shadow summon give EP on hit (can't remember the name of this passive) as well as the normal swing, or just the normal swing? I couldn't tell for sure through brief testing but it looks like it doesn't. On the other hand, if it did, it would probably be pretty broken if you're getting 10-15 EP per hit at higher levels :p

Jackal

Green Slime
So, it's been a while since I played and upon starting a new games and reaching the winter region of the game, re-acquired the Frostling Shoes to make navigating snow significantly easier. Only their effect seems to have been nerfed. They used to allow you to ignore the slippery effects of the ice, but now I can't tell what they do. They still have the special effect, so here's my question: Is this a bug or an intentional nerf of the item? If it has been nerfed, might I ask why? And if it's a bug, when might it be fixed?

Jackal

Green Slime
On a completely separate note, I found this little bug regarding the Autumn Mages special Whirlwind attack that can throw you around. It got me stuck in an area I couldn't escape. (Naturally saving, quitting and reloading fixed it though)

Attachments

• 20160424163837_1.jpg
    20160424163837_1.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 4

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
If it has been nerfed, might I ask why?
Yes, it was a nerf to the effect. Simply having those shoes made any Arcade challenges involving ice incredibly easy, and gives an unbelievable amount of control in the Season Hydras fight (seen as most people seem to sit on the Winter season).

I found this little bug
I would say that's probably our most reported bug on the Forums. If, next time, you wouldn't mind doing a quick search of the forums beforehand to see if a bug you've found has already been covered, we would be incredibly grateful :p

Mindfreezer

Green Slime
Hello everyone!
I'd like to know if you can receive card drops from enemies killed by other players in your group or if you have to be the killer.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I believe it doesn't matter who kills the enemy. As long as an enemy dies you have a chance of getting a card from it. However, if a card drops for one of you it doesn't mean it will drop for the others, meaning it will take some of you longer to get cards than others :p

Mindfreezer

Green Slime
I believe it doesn't matter who kills the enemy. As long as an enemy dies you have a chance of getting a card from it. However, if a card drops for one of you it doesn't mean it will drop for the others, meaning it will take some of you longer to get cards than others :p
Thanks for the quick response! I'd like some reliable answer to this before I start grinding for a few hours while my partner is afk and only comes back on demand to pick up a card. >:] I know it only drops for one player at a time, and since I now got three cards before my partner got any, I feel obliged to be playing while she eats etc.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Hello everyone!
I'd like to know if you can receive card drops from enemies killed by other players in your group or if you have to be the killer.
You don't have to be the killer, the cards are randomly distributed to any player in your party that does not currently own the card!

Pharphis

Rabby
Alright, I've got a new question.

I see that some achievements/unlocks for arcade mode give multiple essences (I think I've beaten all of these now) but some only list one essence (such as "all year 'round" - all challenge rooms in season temple). Does it really only give one essence or is it something else?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It minimises the damage to your shield of perfect blocking. Normally a perfect block cuts damage by about 50%, with the crystal shield it cuts it by about 90%, although it doesn't have much durability. Not a worthy trade off in my eyes.

Pharphis

Rabby
Ah, I thought it was something like that and agree. I remember losing interest in testing it after seeing that it still did some damage (and didn't bother comparing to other shields).

Ice shield = best shield, then. If only it worked on hydras!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I prefer the present personally. The buff of the ice shield gets annoying, especially when I tend to perfect guard and the slow down causes attack patterns to change. The freezing isn't bad though.

jasonmbrown

Green Slime
Are there Plans for Steam Workshop User Content, or modding. If so will there be Officially Chosen things that get fully implemented into the game?

Currently are Pets/Tame-ables a Thing?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Are there Plans for Steam Workshop User Content, or modding. If so will there be Officially Chosen things that get fully implemented into the game?

Currently are Pets/Tame-ables a Thing?
There are pets in the game that you can tame by doing a DDR/guitar hero-esq minigame. As for Workshop related stuff I think that is yet to be decided. The devs need to finish the game first before they can tell if that will be added or not. I think. :p