Dev progress

Spiff

Green Slime
Hi,

I know the game is still in beta and in EA on steam but I think it could be a good thing that de dev team gives us some sort of completion ratio. I searched the info without success on the forum but maybe I missed it.

It would of course be only informational but I'd like to know more on that topic; for instance:
* level design progress 30%
* quest design progress 55%
* implementation of menu/setting progress 25%
* global progress 45%

I saw that the 4th dunjon is under dev, but how many dunjon are planned in the game?
:)

Kana

Rabby
I can give a tentative answer for now, from what I've gathered:

The 3 Devs are busy people, they also have (need) other jobs with more consistent revenue for making a living.
They also want to implement a LOT of things, so many that they are not sure how much they can put in.

So estimating completion would be rather difficult, and may not be something that they even want to worry about, since they care more about the final product over steady completion. Some things they have been figuring out since the Beta was released (5 years ago?).

The progress is largely community driven through Bug Reports, and Suggestions and Feedback, so being involved will help the completion rate, and maybe give you a better sense of how it progresses!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
they also have (need) other jobs with more consistent revenue for making a living.

This is actually (thankfully) no longer the case! Since the Early Access release we've been able to focus on the game full time, but we've also sort of "balanced" that out by increasing the level of detail and content. If you compare the winterland and Temple of Seasons with Mt Bloom and Tai Ming (+ the festival) there's quite a large jump there in terms of content!

As Kana said, estimating how long time the rest is going to take is pretty much impossible, but for the dungeon count we're "soon" finished with the 3rd dungeon, and there are four dungeons + a final dungeon planned! If I were to guess the fourth dungeon will be more similar to Temple of Seasons in scope than Tai Ming.

Spiff

Green Slime
Thx for the reply :)

As I said I wasn't expecting a release date but more something like "we've roughly done 75% of what we wanted to do".
You partially answered my question on the dunjon topic:
for the dungeon count we're "soon" finished with the 3rd dungeon, and there are four dungeons + a final dungeon planned

I'll go back to the forum for my suggestions

ps:
I'm a dev myself, not in video game but I can grasp the amount of work which lurks behind each feature even small...