Smash feedback

CeliriaRose

Green Slime
Just my opinion but I really don't like the direction you guys are taking the smash ability. I understand that you are trying to improve it's usefulness and that's all well and good but it's supposed to be a two handed skill whereas what you're currently turning it into reads more as a magic skill. I mean just look at it in comparison to the style of the other two handed skills.

Heroic Slam- leap and slam you weapon down on the enemy
Whirlslash- spin your weapon around in a circle around you
Titan's Throw- Hurl your weapon at your enemy
Berserker- Boost your offensive capabilities.

and Smash.... summon a magical orb and knock it at enemies.

It just doesn't fit. All the other skills are built around power attacks and using your large two handed weapon and then smash just feels like a magic skill that's in the wrong place.

An alternative you could do instead is replace the magic orb with a shockwave attack. Have it be that you are hitting the ground in front of you and causing a shockwave of force and rocks to hit enemies in a straight line ahead of you. That way it's the same mechanics and design but actually reads as a power attack.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I also thought new Smash is a bit weird and too magic, but then again, one-handed has Spirit Slash and Shadow Clone.

Maybe it could be slightly better if the ball wasn't made from magic. E.g. your character could smash ground (or use some psychokinesis) to make a ball from ground and use this to attack. It should just be more physical.

CeliriaRose

Green Slime
I also thought new Smash is a bit weird and too magic, but then again, one-handed has Spirit Slash and Shadow Clone.

Maybe it could be slightly better if the ball wasn't made from magic. E.g. your character could smash ground (or use some psychokinesis) to make a ball from ground and use this to attack. It should just be more physical.

Fair point though those can still be read more as physical attacks just with advanced speed. The shadow clone and warrior spirit aren't necessarily magic as they are the after image of how fast the character is able to move. Similar to how in anime for example there will be characters who move so quickly that they leave and after image of themselves or are able to strike faster than their opponent can see them. It's still stretching reason to be sure but it can still be justified as a warrior skill. Knocking around a magic orb not so much. He's swinging so hard that he summoned a magic orb is a bit too much of a stretch.

I do like your idea as well. Like I said with my shockwave suggestion, I'm not to fussed about exactly how it works so long as it actually reads like a physical attack that might be done with a two handed weapon.