Do you think they should rebalance Frost nova?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really besides "something that you want" (write what exatly)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

L4UR

Green Slime
Hi,
So I have created a new character which only used ice spells and I decided that my main spell would be Frost Nova, and before I got gold level it was fine but than , ugh.... I got Gold level at the beginning of the Seasonee level and , I can tell you for sure that it is op- damage wise it is on the above average zone but the freeze's that were buffed after the 0.73 patch made it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER OP. So it goes like this every hit that was the first one and it attacked all of the 2-3 hits it would 100% freeze which is nice on mobs to an extent, and after a while (~10 seconds or so) you are able to freeze them again - all this time in between will only chill.And I have some problems about this:

1. It works on bosses (besides Zhamla) the same way as it would on a yeti or a Boar or Chicken as in it would freeze them for about 3 seconds allowing you to Hit them/drink a potion/ evade to a further place if they were about to attack but if it had a continuous attack like Cursed Priestess' rampage of fans it would stop them from attacking, it also works same way with power flower's lasers - it would just completely stop.

2.The Freeze on some mobs and bosses doesn't make absolutely no sense (I mean its a game not real life to talk about physics but still) here are some stuff that freeze works on that makes no sense: Yeti, Ice Slime, Winter Hydra, Frostlings, Winter knight/mage , Cursed Priestess, Ancient Statue, Ghost of Madness, AND FREAKING WINTER. I don't know if it is just me that annoys me but it kind of worries me if you are able to freeze the winter itself, or ice, and a non living statue and a ghost.

3.The Freeze times are extremely long for bosses giving an extremely unfair advantage compared to other skills (not sure about ice spikes because I didn't test it, but I suspect the situation is not as bad) because 1. the freezes 2. the long time of freezing 3. Biggest AoE attack in the game and finally 4. Has too much damage for the other advantages that it gives.

HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS (You could leave suggestions):

1. Make some bosses invulnerable to freeze or at the very least decrease their time to ~Zhamla freeze time because they ease the fights too much

2.Similarly to first point you can decrease time or make some nonsense-freeze mobs stated above not to get frozen.

3. Find a way to balance the freeze times so its neither not advantageous/ nor disadvantageous and by that give something but not to the point where it gives nothing.

I played after the 0.73 update was released, and I really enjoyed the game besides some minor issues but they can be easily improved when the game is done and the polishing parts will start

L4UR

Green Slime
im personally a person who relies on ice nova, so i'd have to say no
I really like frost nova as well but it just makes the game a whole lot easier and i think they shouldn't make it insect swarm but with ice. No , I want it not to be able to freeze yeti's left and right and freeze any living thing 100% besides some bosses liek the machine in santa's workshop , at least decrease the damage or decrease the ice time or at least the way that freeze works as in, it won't be 100% every 10 sec or whatever it is right now. It's Because i want ice nova to get the same treatment as flamethrower and heroic slam got at the rebalance update

Mythics

Green Slime
It may not be reasonable to suggest this, but I'd rather the amount of synergy that comes from Frost Nova and the ailment related talents be something other skills/talents be brought up to in comparison instead of nerfing Frost Nova.

With that said, I'd truly hope that Frost Nova would keep its cold/slow/freeze stats about where they are (maybe lower freeze time for normal mobs) and instead only drop its damage if a nerf was indeed to happen.

L4UR

Green Slime
It may not be reasonable to suggest this, but I'd rather the amount of synergy that comes from Frost Nova and the ailment related talents be something other skills/talents be brought up to in comparison instead of nerfing Frost Nova.

With that said, I'd truly hope that Frost Nova would keep its cold/slow/freeze stats about where they are (maybe lower freeze time for normal mobs) and instead only drop its damage if a nerf was indeed to happen.

I think some part of what you said is good especially the part with sinergise other skills with one another because at this point everyone that at least wants to be able to advance at least somewhat in arcade mode is maining a particular skill just because it is more convenient and effective. Most importantly is that after i got to max frost nova and i couldnt put more skill points into it cause well ... it is max, the tai ming section instead of being harder it just was ... longer because mobs had more hp and my damage skill wise was very simillar aside from parts where i got a better weapon or card. so i truly believe that the sinergising part is needed. and about keeping the frost stats same ... i think there needs to be a slight look on it perhaps, idk thinking more about how its core mechanic works so for example , first few hits are just slow , and the more u hit the enemy the higher the chance of freezing , and after the enemy defrosts - not just reset the counter to 0 but maybe to a simple slow. Also right now i got a cool idea for skills, what if there was a move that would work in a simillar way to z-moves in pokemon like by aquring a specific item / getting a ton of skill points and putting them in the same move - but not upgrading the move until a certain nr is got than the user would be able to use a super version of the move or i would call it a G-Version of the move, I see Ice Nova being a blizzard like hurricane around the player. I would most probably right a post about it and send a link here. Anyway thanks for the reply :)

Last edited: