References in Secrets of Grindea

Own

03%2B-%2BLibrary_001.png

Let's see.

Buster Sword - Final Fantasy 7
Pokeballs - Pokemon
Triforce (second appearance?) - Zelda
L Block - Tetris

I assume the pink crystalline heart and the wand high above the Triforce are references to some other games, but I assume I haven't played them.

It's always nice to see easter eggs hidden about. Back on the SNES, the only ones you could really spot - if you tired hard and were actively looking for them - were bizarre faces hidden in the middle of nowhere...

upload_2017-1-7_10-9-37.png

Devel0per

Green Slime
The first dungeon (the flying fortress) is a reference to secrets of mana and the mana fortress or something close (I can't remember) and the last two so far are a reference to Oracle of seasons and Oracle of ages in that order

Own

upload_2018-11-19_8-47-41.png

SoG's music composer, otherwise known as @LuckyLionStudios

upload_2018-11-19_8-38-11.png

Some anime guy from Gundam Wing.

upload_2018-11-19_8-41-29.png

Self-referential. Like Oldman, Fharmamera used to be the name of Zhamla Meer in older versions.

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-19_8-35-33.png
    upload_2018-11-19_8-35-33.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 5

Frigid

Green Slime
Pardon the necro, but are we not including skills here? The magic skill in the air tree Cloud Strike is a reference to Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII, and the magic talent Snap Cast might be a reference to the Magic: the Gathering card Snapcaster Mage.

Gaysey

Green Slime
The Vanjie! Vaaanjie! Quest in Port Monnaie (the quest to help retrieve a cat), is a reference to Miss Vanjie, a drag queen from Rupaul's Drag Race Season 10. She is known for repeatedly saying "Miss Vaaanjie"

Own

Well, that explains why Vilya was repeatedly referencing Rupaul the other month. =P

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
1689722322663.png
Noticed this today. Sounds very similar to Infinite Tsukuyomi from Naruto, which is also a moon-related eternal illusion where everyone lives a happy life.