On the early game solem

So when I found out that you could fight a solem before entering the pumpkin woods I, of course, had to fight it. After a few tries I got it, but I wasn’t suddenly rich or over leveled, And I was kinda sad about that (was hoping for like 3 levels), all that work for naught. So I think it would be a fun Easter egg if you got something (likely a cosmetic) for beating it pre fortress. In a previous post I voiced the idea of cosmetic weapons to go along side hats, so maybe this could be used to go into that idea?

Chaldo

Rabby
I think it's kind of redundant to be honest. The solem is there as a soft barrier from entering the Desert early and it doesn't make sense to reward the player for killing it.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Maybe only be able to kill it once. That'd make a nice one-off EXP boost for players who accept the challenge of killing it at a low level. Of course, make it respawn when the desert is actually available.

I think it's kind of redundant to be honest. The solem is there as a soft barrier from entering the Desert early and it doesn't make sense to reward the player for killing it.
I’d say it makes plenty of sense to do it. There’s a solid wall just after so the soft barrier is useless and it rewards the player for beating a tough enemy, and it’s not even an unusual idea, look at dark souls for example.

Own

There is the chance of getting a Solem Shield from it. That deals a ridiculous amount of damage on a Perfect Guard.