Updating Steam Community regularly.

Jera

Green Slime
This may seem like not much, as with this website, there is a ton of info to get and constant updates. However, you're getting some reviews stating the game is dead as you don't update the steam community discussions and such. And I hate to see such things happen as I -adore- this game.

My suggestion is, basically going to your Steam page, and in the discussions forums there, maybe sticky a post where you post a link to every weeks devblog when you release them? As far as I'm aware, it'd take maybe 2 mins every week, and the steam community would see activity and feel part of the community.

Maybe also answer some questions over there in discussions too. This is a suggestion. However, I think it'd help in removing some not recommended reviews and some discussion threads over there saying your game is dead. (Which it certainly is NOT!)

Thanks!

-Jen / Jera

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey! Thanks for the encouragement and suggestion!

So about posting news on Steam, there is actually a sticky post linking to the DevBlog! But we don't post in it every time we update. Maybe we should do that (but I'm not sure it would help since most people seem to miss that sticky post?)

As for using the news section as some people have suggested there, I don't really like it for two reasons: one, if we have the actual blog post there, people will risk being quite majorly spoiled since the DevBlog is super duper spoilery, and people might not expect the risk of that.

Second, and this is true even if we only post short spoiler free summaries, we'll completely bury the patch notes (aka the news about game updates), which is the only real news as far as most Steam users are concerned (in fact, some seem to be of the opinion that unless something has reached Stable, it doesn't exist at all yet).

The reason why "spamming" the news section might be a problem is because it might trick people into believing the game gets updated waaaay more often than it does. Like, they go to the news section and are like "wow, these guys update very week, how swell", and then they'll realize it's all smoke and mirrors!

So, basically, I totally agree with you that our lack of devblog posts on the Steam Community makes it seem like we're working less than we are. But I think that currently that might be a better misconception for potential buyers to have, than believing the game gets updated more frequently than it does! The fact that the latest update to the game was nearly a year ago is a sad truth that's... kind of good for people to know I guess? (but soon it won't be a sad truth no more #fingerscrossed)