Pumpkin inspection quest as 2H melee

Chronical

Green Slime
The remedi quest where you have to defend him as he researches the pumpkin in the pumpkin woods was really easy as a 1H melee but for whatever reason its ridiculous as a 2H melee. What am I doing wrong for it to be this hard? Theres nothing I can do to stop the ghosts and halloweed from going straight to remedi and attacking him instead of me, whereas its easier to distract the jumpkins, lantern jacks and scarecrows. But those 2 enemies just attack him first straight away. In general it's really hard to stop enemies from attacking him first. I can try kill them really quick but the whirlslash doesn't do enough to get rid of anything with more health than a jumpkin/lantern jack. In general a 2H melee doesn't have the speed to get rid of them instantly, and at this early in the game you won't have the damage output to either. The only other feasible thing I can think of is getting a high level summon but that just feels cheesy and I'd prefer a way where I actually do the fighting. Any advice? This is really frustrating (on hard mode btw)

Last edited:

Wagner

Green Slime
I just ran into the same issue! I think I got it on my 10th attempt, where I got lucky and the enemies locked onto me, mostly. The issue is that, on hard, each enemy takes such a huge chunk of his health, and they'll hit him once within a second of spawning, so you don't have time to hit them and get aggro.

Own

Heroic Slam can interrupt the tankier enemies to get them off of Remedi. A single point in that will do you well, while adhering to the 2H theme. You can also place a point in Provoke to force enemies to aggro on you instead of Remedi.