Teaching respawn mechanics.

Own

There's nothing in the game that ever indicates that enemies respawn over time. Which is a shame, since it's a pretty handy mechanic for grinding. So, suggestions!

A) Add an NPC who gives the player sidequests that revolve around achieving a specific, uninterrupted killcount in a dungeon or area without leaving the screen. Basically a target kill number you have to achieve without dying or retreating.

B) Have one of the scientists give the player a Monster Respawn Analyzer Device. When you enter a room or area that has respawn enabled, the device appears in the corner of your screen and stays there until you've completed a target kill number for that room. At that point it glows and vanishes. Return to the scientist every so often for rewards

The only problem is that, if you're even slightly above the area level average, this is more busywork than anything. Only way I can think to make it tense is if more and more elites spawn towards the end of the kill counter.

As a reward? Maybe doubling the chance for enemies to spawn as elites in an area, or allowing rare, Beastmode'd elites to spawn with significantly higher gold / item drop rates.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Add an NPC who gives the player sidequests that revolve around achieving a specific, uninterrupted killcount in a dungeon or area without leaving the screen. Basically a target kill number you have to achieve without dying or retreating.
Unless stated explicitly, players will think that the spawn rate is part of the quest.

Own

I don't think there's anyone dumb enough to go "Well, I've done the quest kill number for this room. Time to just assume that no enemy will ever respawn in these areas anymore. Best to not even check."

And if there is, they're still stuck in Pillar Mountains endlessly smacking the orb and plant because surely attack number 10,000 will do something with them.