Secrets of Grindea Official Forums

res7less
res7less
I copied a backed up cha file, but the progress shows 76% instead of 91%. What are those wld and bak files?
The G-Meister
The G-Meister
I have no idea what the .bak is for, but it's not essential when reloading backups. the .wld file is saved with a backup of your .cha file, and needs to have the same name, and go in the "worlds" folder. Here you would need to call it 2.wld

I'll be attempting to make a video on backup restoration soon (hopefully), seen as a few people have been having an issue with it.
The G-Meister
The G-Meister
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm fairly the .wld file stores your world progress, such as quest and quest reward data. It may also include data about the last place you saved.
res7less
res7less
Sounds about right. I only replaced the char file and had all my cards and items, but was missing all the quest progress. Completed Mt. Bloom again and now I have all the items doubled :/ Well, now I know what to do next time, thanks!
GarlicJelly
GarlicJelly
The world file does not store your quest completion. That is stored in the character file to keep track of which quests you've gotten rewards from to prevent you from getting the rewards multiple times.