Search results

1. M

"Magic sucks!"

I think this debate is over. Magic got a huge buff on the re-balance patch and 1h swords got nerfed 30% From a theorycrafters point of view I feel like it was obvious magic was underwhelming for many reasons (all of which were addressed in the re-balance patch). Just a reminder. This is what 1h...
  2. M

Card Drop Rate Modification

Dota 2 uses a similar system described here for some certain critical hits and other proc effect. They do it to make the game less RNG heavy. It's called Pseudo-random distribution. You can think of this way. A 1% card drop done randomly will mean that you might get the card on the first kill or...
  3. M

Magic UP in comparison to Melee

1h swords used to be really overpowered while magic was under performing. However there was a balance patch that made things much more even. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that balance patch has only been added to the frontline version. For example that patch nerfed 1h weapon damage by 30% while...
  4. M

Rebalance Combat

Just tried out the re-balanced game. Looks really nice. A bunch of stuff I talked about got fixed. Seems like the devs were really listening to player feedback. Feels good.
  5. M

Rebalance Combat

The 2 sides of the comparison are layered on top of each other. Since the animations match perfectly it's hard to see. However if you look at the background they are not in sync since the player is not standing at the same spot. In the UI you can also see 2 different weapons in the basic attack...
  6. M

Rebalance Combat

I agree with the general idea of your post, but there are some parts that are a bit questionable. Casting Speed: When I read about attack speed effecting animation speed of melee skills it got me exited. However when I tested it out I could not see any change. I tested it out with Heroic Slam...
  7. M

Rebalance Combat

That is true. I didn't realize the bonus from gale potion was so low and the bonus from damage potion so high. This is also something that probably should be changed. I can't really see any build or situation where gale would be better than the damage potion.
  8. M

Rebalance Combat

What kind of gear and talents did you use? To me there nothing average about 1h basic attack damage with the right gear, build and cards. In my opinion it scales incredibly well. I quickly tested heroic slam with my cheat character and it does do a ridiculous amount of damage comparable to the...
  9. M

Rebalance Combat

I think it's important to remember that in this thread we are talking about balancing the game. While I love minmaxing in ARPG:s and you like a more casual style it's not really the point here. It's true that if you play the game more casually you might not even notice these imbalances, but...
  10. M

Rebalance Combat

To illustrate the difference a bit more. I made a copy of my legitimate 1h melee character who has almost every card in the game (missing 3 last ones) and used the cheat codes from d_nlo:s post to get max level on every single skill and talent. I then equipped the best caster gear I got on the...
  11. M

Rebalance Combat

I've been playing the game a lot lately and I came here to give some feedback on this very issue. Basic attack builds are the most powerful builds in my opinion. I've tested out a lot of different builds and I can't even get close with other builds. I've played the beta to the end with both 1h...