Search results

1. camelotcrusade

[Gameplay] Exp Feature

Sounds good to me, although I'd prefer it be a toggled option. Personally, I think a low feedback presentation adds to the old school charm (and lets me focus on the action as a bonus).
  2. camelotcrusade

Suggestion #2: Change the plant

I agree (and have seen others agree also) that the plant is a neat idea but disappointing in how it performs. So maybe we need to collect ideas for it. Narya's idea to have plants use a weak projectile attack or have longer reach is an idea worth testing. Here's another idea I have. What if...
  3. camelotcrusade

Dual Wielding

Sounds like a good expansion feature to me. :)
  4. camelotcrusade

Shopkeepers and wealth

I'm all about more interesting shops. Some slash and hack games have a randomized shop inventory that changes every period (day, week, whatever), but that works better when you have modular loot (i.e., prefix loot suffix) rather than custom made. I like the custom loot in SoG better anyway...
  5. camelotcrusade

Shield Slot Alternative for Magic Builds

I support the idea of a shield alternative. Or, failing that, the addition of shields that are geared towards magic-based characters. Your specific suggestions are interesting to me, too.
  6. camelotcrusade

Trading vs Codex opinion wars

Some people consider a higher level item something to look forward to and a lucky drop, a reward you can plan on that sometimes drives you to level if it's really neat. That's how I've always viewed it, at least. I'm ambivalent about whether item levels are added to the game though so I defer...
  7. camelotcrusade

A Styles slot for weapons

I like this idea and support it. I also support a variation where appearance items are something you have to earn. This is GRINDea, after all. For example, maybe you can convert any item into an appearance-only version once you have two copies and visit a new NPC (who turns one of the copies...
  8. camelotcrusade

No Real Penalty for Dying

Side thought: If penalties became real in certain modes should there be ways to offset them? For example, a bank where you can stow coins (in case you die) or a trainer where you can purchase back your lost XP by training. And for hardcore mode, would having lmited continues be an acceptable...
  9. camelotcrusade

Ghost in MP issue.

I haven't spent much time as a ghost, but I agree I would not expect debuffs to affect me.
  10. camelotcrusade

Pause game when in multiplayer all players have their menu opened

I definitely support some way to pause it. A lot of MP games have settings to allow the host and/or other players to pause it, with host-only as the default and other players as options which can be turned on. In case your buddy has a crazy dog or something. :)
  11. camelotcrusade

I love the forum design

I really like this software/system, too. I've seen it a couple other places and hope it becomes more commonplace!
  12. camelotcrusade

Charge attack on bow

Thanks, I read that thread and the developer's reply. I thought maybe having a single bow skill instead of a complete line might add some spice without it becoming a replacement for the intended weapons.
  13. camelotcrusade

Master Ji the living fortune cookie

Great idea. They could also put in a mormor who says Swedish proverbs. It would add a little developer culture as an easter egg into the game. ^-^ PS - mormor is Swedish for grandma. :)
  14. camelotcrusade

[Visual] Timer flashing, Respec as menu button, Selling items grayed out

Sounds good to me. I'm all for "quality of life" tweaks. The devs seem pretty good at mixing them into other work vs saving them all up for the end polishing phase, too. On number one though I'm not sure why I shouldn't be able to sell an equipped item. I'd just prefer it not be accidental...
  15. camelotcrusade

Charge attack on bow

How 'bout a bow skill in general? First rank increases damage input so its viable, second rank charges and does something else, etc. It wouldn't be a dedicated archery class so much as a way for bow enthusiasts to get some more mileage out of it.
  16. camelotcrusade

Suggested change for Fireball

It's semantics, but in some games a firebolt hits one enemy and a fireball does AOE. What we've got here is a firebolt, imo. That aside, I know what you mean, it's more functional than fun. There's a place for that, though. Maybe we should see what they do with gold charge first.
  17. camelotcrusade

Functional House Item Suggestions.

Good ideas! I want a giant aquarium so I can put all my fish in it. Just kidding. Mostly. :D
  18. camelotcrusade

Jumpkin pet - too hard to get?

I had a lot of trouble but stuck with it until I got it. Not looking forward to doing that again. I don't have good manual dexterity. Even so, I'm not sure they need to change it. I did get it eventually and though I did not enjoy it I'm sure others did.
  19. camelotcrusade

First thoughts and a request for gold and item sharing in MP

That's your opinion. Trading items hasn't ruined Terraria or TitanQuest for me and I play both as co-op games where working together and helping each other gear up is part of the fun. I keep my single player and co-op character separate, though. Perhaps if co-op characters could only be used...
  20. camelotcrusade

Version 0.57a

The memory room is great and I look forward to its final version. I don't know if I like taking away the chance to get a special gear upgrade (it can be really neat when you find it at a level appropriate time) but I understand if that's the best solution. Regardless, I agree with the...