Search results

1. HexZyle

Do rockfish have a use?

/title
  2. HexZyle

HexZyle's approach to the possible SoG Card Game

So I understand that there's a possibility for a card game to be introduced into SoG in the far future, and I wanted to design a rule set for it that's sort of "Secrets of Grindea." (in more than just the pictures on the cards) This is inspired by my experience from Pokemon TCG, with some of...
  3. HexZyle

What on earth?

I was looking at the demo download page because I was about to write up a thread recommending SoG on another forum, and I was putting together some links and stuff, when I saw the banner and thought "hey, that's a good banner for the thread". But I couldn't save it, and saving the webpage...
  4. HexZyle

Potions give far too little pet experience per feed for their price

150 coins for +3 experience. That's a pretty bad ratio. That's 50 coins per apple/carrot/pumpkin flesh If it's intended to be a money sink for people with a lot of dough, I can see that, but... To level up from pet level 5 to pet level 6 takes 500 experience. Using potions that's 25,000 coins...
  5. HexZyle

Should party members be able to revive other player's Frosty Friend?

Because I don't see any reason why not. If I got a spare moment as a mage waiting for EP to recharge or something, why shouldn't I be able to give a friendly summon a pick-me-up?
  6. HexZyle

Hydra boss is a bit of a long grind

Even once you've gotten the hang of it, and gotten into the perfect rhythm (move right, avoid freeze beam, dodge summer head, level 0 earth spike it, perfect shield autumn head, level 2 earth spike it, move right, avoid freeze beam, dodge summer head, level 0 earth spike it, perfect shield...
  7. HexZyle

[Gameplay] Breaking prematurely out of ice isn't synchronized

When a client breaks out of an ice cube by button-mashing, the server isn't told this. So on the server you still see them as a block of ice, then suddenly the ice block disappears and they teleport to where they are on their client.
  8. HexZyle

[Gameplay] Frosty Friend SFX have no drop off

Unlike all other sound effects of party members, if they're far away you can't hear them. But you can hear their Frosty Friends making a silly little racket.
  9. HexZyle

[Visual] Beserker Style demon effect doesn't show for all players all the time

It seems to be every second time? I noticed it when prematurely ending the ability, then starting it up again, my brother couldn't see the effect.
  10. HexZyle

[Visual] Giftbox Pet sprite reverts to default upon entering new room

Only for players that do not own the pet. They see the owner change the color of it, but as soon as you enter a new room, it's reverted back to its default color for all players other than the owner.
  11. HexZyle

[Gameplay] Silver plants still shoot at enemy keystone block after it's dead

Not really a big bug, but even after it's killed, silver plants still shoot at it. I've also noticed your character still tries to "push" the block after it's supposedly gone into the hole. It doesn't move, that sort of thing just niggles me as a developer.
  12. HexZyle

[Gameplay] Iron Spike fence passable after hitting Spring Orb (Hydra boss room)

The Iron Spike fence behind the players is passable to clients (haven't tested with the host, might not be a problematic bug at all) after the Spring Orb has been hit in the Hydra boss room
  13. HexZyle

[Text]/[Gameplay] Uncharged Shield buff also buffs teammates

Even though the descriptions says it should only buff yourself
  14. HexZyle

[Visual] Opening inventory before cutscene bugs inventory bubble

Hit Spring Orb, jumped down ledge, opened inventory menu while waiting for my brother. When my brother jumped down, and the Hydra fight started, my inventory closed but the inventory bubble above my head on his screen didn't disappear.
  15. HexZyle

NPC Relationships - Marriage :D

Can we marry NPCs? Puh-leeeeese? (。◕‿◕。) Some of the profile artwork is so keyuuuute I want to have their babies
  16. HexZyle

Was this game at all influenced by Spiral Knights?

http://www.spiralknights.com/ Because they're similar in a lot of ways, although it could just be because they were both Zelda-inspired. Shield Both games Blocks all incoming damage Breaks after a certain amount of damage Recharges health after not taking damage for a while Movement slowed...
  17. HexZyle

"Every JRPG Ever"

Saw this pop up in my YouTube feed just the other day. I thought it was a pretty good summary xD
  18. HexZyle

[Gameplay] Monsters interrupt dialogue

This one's probably already well known, but the biggest offender I've noticed is the Santa side quest. Santa is in an area near where mobs spawn, and the dialogue is non-repeatable. So you miss out on a chunk of text, and you only know what you have to do or why you're doing it by checking the...
  19. HexZyle

[Gameplay] Turn-in dialogue for "Chicken Saviour" with Chika is buggy

Reward window triggers before dialogue is complete. Video demonstration
  20. HexZyle

[Gameplay] Jumping Puzzle Block enemy has no SFX?

The puzzle block that expands to become a large enemy that you find in Seasonne doesn't have any sound effects when jumping or anything, it's odd. Is this intentional?