Search results

1. Pharphis

Which spells can crit?

I like the lightning spell but it doesn't look like it crits (based on the font colour). Is this true? I know the flamethrower crits, and use that for single target dps quite often but I like AoE spells when possible...
  2. Pharphis

Lack of elite versions of enemies in Tai Ming

and Mt. Bloom, iirc. (though I last played a year ago) I just finished Tai Ming and found the lack of elite enemies took away from the combat variety. Counting some of the harder (temporary) areas where elite statues could spawn, I only ever saw elite versions of the statues and shadows. This...
  3. Pharphis

Making fishing startup less annoying

I don't mean the act of fishing itself. While I don't find it particularly fun it's not bad and it does take some skill. I still mess up after 10s of hours of arcade mode. What I'd like to be fixed is the start up of fishing itself! The "Action button" part seems to require you to stop moving...
  4. Pharphis

Pharphis's Arcade mode progress thread (and questions?)

Perhaps a bit late to make this since I've accomplished most of the things in arcade mode which I was struggling with, but whatever. Let's start off with what I accomplished today: Amazing run as flamethrower build (with frost friend). I think I had 5 potions left by the time I reached winter...
  5. Pharphis

Boss Rush Mode?

This would be fun. It might be hard to balance, though. I'm thinking something like Arcade mode where you skip all of the rooms, get 1-2 skill/passive points between bosses, and maybe some gold and shop selection (or random drops from bosses). Thoughts? You'd probably want it to be more...
  6. Pharphis

fishing holes in arcade mode

Honestly, I'd like something more to work towards (even if it's minor) to improve arcade mode experience. I think one way to try to improve this is to have the fish have a use other than selling: feeding an arcade-only pet. Of course, you would want this pet to have some kind of reasonable cap...
  7. Pharphis

Arcade Mode Ranking?

Ok, I seem to have gotten a S ranking for a floor a few times when having mostly S for time and A rank (20-something dmg) for dmg. I was under the impression from story mode that to get S rank you need S for both, but this is clearly not true... Is there some kind of weighted average for...
  8. Pharphis

arcade mode expansion timeline?

Hey, I'm still too nooby to make it to floor 11, but I was wondering if/when arcade mode will be updated to include the newest regions? BTW, love the game mode even though Marino (?) is cancerous.
  9. Pharphis

Arcade mode unlocks?

Hi, this is regarding side-quests to do in arcade mode. I'm currently stuck on the furious giga slime (yes I've looked at the guide but I still suck at this fight since 2 hits = dead) and I've done all other quests available to me... My question is whether or not more quests become unlocked...
  10. Pharphis

Four Questions

1) If I download the beta stuff for mt bloom, does it risk ruining my characters? 2) I'm at 99% complete on one of my characters, and can't figure out what I'm missing. I did the arena challenges, have all pets (including the bee), all cards, all monster drops and have done all the fishing...
  11. Pharphis

Skill guide?

Hi, I was just wondering if there was some kind of thread or guide that showed short clips/explanations of how various skills work? It seems costly to respec my character to try a variety of things out but I'd like to have some idea of what may or may not work