1,000 kills.

Own

In Sword of Mana, there was an easter egg where if you killed 1,000 of any enemy in the game, it would spawn every time thereafter as Black version of itself. These Black variety of enemies were given +500 HP and +100 to all stats. I'm not sure if it was put in as an anti-grinding measure, or just something to surprise those people who grinded away for ridiculous amounts of time on enemies.

While I don't think anything quite so drastic should happen in SoG, maybe the game should only spawn the standard Elite versions of an enemy after you've killed it 1,000 times? Not as something that's hinted at anywhere, but more of an easter egg. No one would ever trigger it unless they were obsessively hunting in an area. :p

Last edited:

Own

I think the idea is nice of stronger versions, but i think 1000 can be little low...

It's a task that takes hours to do per enemy in Sword of Mana. Can't imagine anyone would kill 1,000 of the same enemy in SoG by accident.

Momizi

Rabby
i think it would be cool if randomly monsters will spawn an elite version kinda like in arcade mode

but i dont think it should change all of them, and it should be random

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
There will be random elite mobs spawning later on. As for only spawning elite mobs after 1000 kills, I don't think that's a likely path personally but never say never I guess ;D

Jason

Green Slime
I think he is looking for a super elite mob to spawn after killing that many, something far above the elite version in terms of damage and stats

Own

I think he is looking for a super elite mob to spawn after killing that many, something far above the elite version in terms of damage and stats

No, I was just describing what happened in Sword of Mana. The title post says "maybe the game should only spawn the standard Elite versions of an enemy after you've killed it 1,000 times?".