A few random questions...

Reyak

Green Slime
  • Is there some sort of autosave during gameplay, or must you always 'Save & Quit'? This gets very irritating after a while. I'm on Linux, so I'm emulating Windows to run this. Crashing is a definite threat, though it's yet to happen. Periodic saving is a must.
  • I have two skills, a magic, and... a... different one... lol. Anyway, while the magic skill works great, I can't do the other one. It's set to the A key, but it's not activating when I hit A. Can someone give me a clue why?
  • It's my first time crafting. I've got a the ingredients for an apple hat, but when I go to the armourer, he doesn't allow crafting it, only swords and stuff. I'm I going to the wrong guy, or is this an achievement recipe thing?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Is there some sort of autosave during gameplay, or must you always 'Save & Quit'? This gets very irritating after a while. I'm on Linux, so I'm emulating Windows to run this. Crashing is a definite threat, though it's yet to happen. Periodic saving is a must.
The game saves automatically after each transition, cut-scene and such. You don't need to worry, unless you are grinding in one place for hours.

I have two skills, a magic, and... a... different one... lol. Anyway, while the magic skill works great, I can't do the other one. It's set to the A key, but it's not activating when I hit A. Can someone give me a clue why?
What skill is it? Try re-binding it to another slot to check if it works.

It's my first time crafting. I've got a the ingredients for an apple hat, but when I go to the armourer, he doesn't allow crafting it, only swords and stuff. I'm I going to the wrong guy, or is this an achievement recipe thing?
You can craft from game's menu, it's this sub-menu with potion icon, between Inventory and Skills.

Reyak

Green Slime
Thanks! Good to know I won't crash and lose an hour of work. I'll try re-binding. I'm sure I can figure it out. No idea why the A key wouldn't work, though. It's the shadow warrior skill,... or something that sounds close to it, lol. Basically, it's supposed to be a summon skill, I think. The magic one I have is the cloud, also a summon skill.... I like having an entourage. As for crafting... I didn't see it before, but I'm sure I can find it. Thanks.

Update:
I still see no crafting area. I'm assuming you meant the menus (inventory/stats/spells) from hitting esc. Either I'm blind, or it's not there.

The spell didn't work because I was oblivious to the fact that it was specific to single handed weapons, which I don't use. My bad. I've got a dual handed skill on A now, and it works just fine.

Last edited:

Reyak

Green Slime
So, I've yet to find a crafting area in the menu, but I've found two people who will allow me to craft a few items. It's not much, but it's not vital at this particular point in the game.

What might be vital is to be able to hand in my quest to the consortium. I've placed the pad, and even received Amulat, but the head of the consortium just tells me to go fishing, or mess about in the arena. On the quest screen, everything's green, but handing it in. Any clues?

Also... Do pets do anything at all? I've got a rabbite and a slime (the pumpkin's minigame is too fast for me). Neither do anything, they just follow me around and watch thinks beat on me... lol

Own

The DRM free version is a little out of date, unfortunately. It doesn't have a lot of newer features.

Reyak

Green Slime
Yeah... disregard... everything I've asked. I figured out how to get it running on Steam. I need to add Dot Net to that Windows instance. I didn't know because I didn't know how to get a debug log from PlayOnLinux until now.

Everything seems great. I've got new skills, and a whole list of stuff to craft. It never even uccored to me that it was a different version. I figured they'd be synced.

Anyway, thanks, everyone, for the help! I think I'm good to go!