A Pile of Suggestions

Frigid

Green Slime
ITT: A bunch of suggestions for various quality of life improvements I've thought of as I've played this game.
Up first: Inventory Menu
  • Varying sorting methods
    • My main character is a very spell-heavy class, and as such my gear is specifically set to maximize my Magic Attack stat. Now, of course this is pretty easy to figure out by simply hovering over each piece of gear and manually finding out which has the highest MATK value, but I figure a sorting method to specify which gives greater or lesser in any given stat would be nice. And alongside this:
  • Filters
    • Special effects on equipment is nice, and when trying to compare gear, there's no way to see if your gear is maximizing not only on your stats, but on your special effects as well.
  • Compare gear
    • This one is a bit more cut and dry, with simply being able to compare two pieces of gear (probably for the same equipment slot) to check how their stats line up. Currently wouldn't offer much, as most gear only modifies 1-3 stats, but as more gear is added to the game, potentially specifically for melee casters, magical casters, etc, it might be nice to compare the ASpd and ATK gains of one gear to a piece that might offer a bit more of one but a bit less of another.
      • (Also I realize you can sort of do this by attempting to equip a piece of gear from the Gear menu itself but that's potentially quite a few button presses each time please don't hate me)
Equipment Menu
  • Class preloads
    • This one is one of my more shaky suggestions, as it's incredibly unnecessary, but might serve to aid those who wish to change out their classes on a regular basis. Could also add preloads for skills that would let people mass refund/buy skill points with a few inputs.
  • RT+LT
    • This is specific to controllers, since I don't play any other way, but hey, more functionality. With the number of skills used above level 35, it's entirely possible for a controller player to not have enough buttons for everything. RT+LT adds an additional four button slots that are already given on the controller without being too hard to conceptualize for the end-user.
  • Rotating Avatar preview
    • A minor little thing, maybe only when equipping vanity gear, make the character's avatar rotate to the left or right at set intervals to see how the gear would look from different sides.
Pet Menu
  • Feed All
    • After a couple hours of smashing pumpkins I can have several thousand pieces of meet and seeds that I need to feed to my boi Slimy so I can maximize my damage even further. I don't know if pet level experience requirements are calculated on the fly, but a way to feed a full pile of food to my pets without having to hold down the A button for seven minutes would be much appreciated.
  • Starve?
    • This might just be me crying but I accidentally fed my damage pet some health food at one point and it's incredibly minor but so far as I'm aware I have no way to remove the health xp from him. Given that nothing else in this game is permanent, aside from story progression, it seems odd that I can't spend some gold somewhere to remove xp from my pet, as counterproductive as it sounds.
  • Backing to the main menu
    • Just a minor inconsistency that backing out of the pet menu leaves you in the game screen, instead of still being in the pause menu. Could also be relegated to an option or something?
Character Menu
  • Stat math
    • Another of the really dumb minor things, but perhaps when individually viewing stats, a way to see what makes up that stat would be nice. I like seeing the individual numbers coming from my gear, skills, pet, etc.
Skills Menu
  • Skill preloads
    • Akin to the aforementioned class preloads, could also have skill preloads. Biggest change between the two would be showing the total cost of leveling down every spent skill and talent point.
  • Full refund
    • Outside of skill or class preloads, could add a full refund option that would let players refund all of their skill points with a couple button presses. The current system is incredibly smooth, but in higher levels, moving between the full set of skills is still more involved than it theoretically could be.
That's all I've got at the moment, let me know what you think?