A small feature request for Another Cave.

Own

One of my favorite things about the caves in Seiken Densetsu 3 was the fact that it simply had wrong ways. If you chose a wrong direction, entering the room would cause the exit to seal off and start a battle against a group of enemies more tightly compacted around you than the rest of the dungeon. You couldn't get out without killing them. Example:

w5ZeRBx.png

I think it might be kind of neat if Another Cave had something like this. :) If not a bunch of passages that lead to dead ends with enemies and potential treasure, then a room full of pits with arrows above them indicating that the player can jump down them. Jumping down could either lead to a hidden switch, a treasure chest or a difficult battle against a pre-set group of monsters in close quarters, with vines leading back up afterwards. I see Bishop is in Another Cave, maybe his sidequest could involve diving in pits all across Another Cave seeking something or another.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Well.... I don't know about this one. I always hated to take the wrong direction in Pokémon and this just reminds me of the horrible maze cave that you were supposed to have the HM Flash in but I never found it as a kid so I used to walk through that cave blindfolded..... I don't like getting stuck with a bunch of enemies that I have to kill to progress. If you want to add something like this then please put a sneaky map at the beginning of the cave so I don't have to make the wrong turn. :p

Own

Functionally, it's no different from the Halloween Woods progress quest. In HW you hunt down advanced monsters to get the McGuffins that allow you to pass, but here you would be diving down pits in search of McGuffins, with the potential to wind up facing strong encounters if the wrong pit is chosen.

Plus I just like diving off areas in the game. Whee~

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Oh, so you can't choose the wrong pit? Well, that sounds pretty fun. :p Then it wouldn't feel so bad the first time you did the Cave/Temple becuse you don't know how bad the other choises were. 6/10 then. 10/10 for the idea of using the vines and the ledge jumping. :p