About making Gold

Teylor

Green Slime
Hey guys,

I think there could be more efficient ways to make money instead of grinding and killing 1000 of small mobs.

1. Bosses: Why do bosses drop so less money? Defeating a boss should feel rewarding and getting like 100-200 gold feels like "Wow, that's all?". So I would suggest to greatly increase the amound of gold. It just feels right if the complete screen is filled up with coins all over the ground and you collect your reward.

2. Item worth: Why does a green fishhat gives me 1000 gold, while the headgear from phaseman is only worth 50 gold, even if it has way better stats to begin with? And the phasemans headgear is not even a guaranteed drop, so it's entrely possible that you end up with just 100-150 gold when defeating the boss the first time. I think many of the sell values should be reworked, so that they make more sense (rarity and usefulness should decide the price).

3. Infinite randomized sidequests: There could be the collectors guild that gives you quests from time to time. Those quests are somehow randomized. For example, deliver 30 rabbit fur and 10 honey to get like 750 gold. Ofc the guild only chooses items you have access too (otherwise it could be a spoiler for the player).

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Hey guys,

I think there could be more efficient ways to make money instead of grinding and killing 1000 of small mobs.

1. Bosses: Why do bosses drop so less money? Defeating a boss should feel rewarding and getting like 100-200 gold feels like "Wow, that's all?". So I would suggest to greatly increase the amound of gold. It just feels right if the complete screen is filled up with coins all over the ground and you collect your reward.

2. Item worth: Why does a green fishhat gives me 1000 gold, while the headgear from phaseman is only worth 50 gold, even if it has way better stats to begin with? And the phasemans headgear is not even a guaranteed drop, so it's entrely possible that you end up with just 100-150 gold when defeating the boss the first time. I think many of the sell values should be reworked, so that they make more sense (rarity and usefulness should decide the price).

3. Infinite randomized sidequests: There could be the collectors guild that gives you quests from time to time. Those quests are somehow randomized. For example, deliver 30 rabbit fur and 10 honey to get like 750 gold. Ofc the guild only chooses items you have access too (otherwise it could be a spoiler for the player).
1. The bosses are much easier to farm IMO so getting extra gold from them would just make farming super easy.

2. The boss items used to be sold for a lot of gold but that also made the farming suuuper easy as each Phaseman Helmet sold for 1000 gold each. Since the bosses ruined the economy they were nerfed

3. That would be sweet. I actually put that in my First Impression post to have some sort of billboard with some random mini quests that you can do. :p

Teylor

Green Slime
1. Well, how about this: The first time you kill it (within the story) you get alot of gold, but when killing the boss again through the arena you get much less? I mean, you just defeated a story boss and you get like 20 gold from giant slime and maybe 100 from phaseman.

2. On the other side, 50 for phaseman helmet is nothing. I think it is possible to better balance this. And grinding hours to get some gold to buy a new armor (for example) shouldn't be the goal. Another possibility would be, that you can get the equipment from bosses only once per player. This way, you should only farm the bosses in the arena as long as you doesn't have all the items from him. But then they can make the stuff from them really expensive to sale. Only exeption should be items that are required in a recipe to craft new stuff (maybe).

3. I think this especially fits into this game, since you ARE a collector after all :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
1. Well, how about this: The first time you kill it (within the story) you get alot of gold, but when killing the boss again through the arena you get much less? I mean, you just defeated a story boss and you get like 20 gold from giant slime and maybe 100 from phaseman.

2. On the other side, 50 for phaseman helmet is nothing. I think it is possible to better balance this. And grinding hours to get some gold to buy a new armor (for example) shouldn't be the goal. Another possibility would be, that you can get the equipment from bosses only once per player. This way, you should only farm the bosses in the arena as long as you doesn't have all the items from him. But then they can make the stuff from them really expensive to sale. Only exeption should be items that are required in a recipe to craft new stuff (maybe).

3. I think this especially fits into this game, since you ARE a collector after all :p
I do agree on the point that the bosses should rain money on you but they could just drop 300-500 copper instead of a mix with copper, silver and gold coins because the amount of individual coins on the ground seems so small.

However I don't really see the point in changing the bosses so you can farm them for money. There are ways to easily farm gold already so there is no need to add another way to get gold. I would rather farm normal monsters and get their cards/items so I can go for 100% and get materials I can craft into items that I can sell. Farming the Season Knights/Mages and crafting the Armor of Autumn is a pretty good way to make money.

I think that the bosses should give you good items that you want to keep and items that you craft should be sold for big money instead of the other way around. I wouldn't mind farming a boss instead of farming normal enemies to get the best equipment I can get, but maybe that's just me.

Own

Given how rapidly you can kill bosses once you progress in the story, they really shouldn't be viably farmable for cash.

Also I don't think there's any item in the game that requires you grind for hours to buy. Making money is really easy, especially if you sell vendor trash. The only gear that takes time is craftables.

As for the Fish Hat vs Phaseman Boots: The Fish Hat is a one-of-a-kind item you get via an achievement. It's sell price is going to be quite large as a result, being a rarity.