Account-bound Pets

Lives X99

Green Slime
Although I enjoy collecting the pets, with the option of having various appearances and being able to feed them to give buffs, I feel that it loses its value considering that when you make a character, it's pretty obvious what stats will be most useful on the pet, and having multiple pets with different stats becomes rather pointless. It also seems to take an eternity in order to be able to level up the pets to get any use out of their buffs.

The fix that I'm proposing would be to make the pets be accessible by every character on your account, so that if I unlocked the slime pet on one character, each character would gain access to it immediately, and share the progress on them.

Not only does this give reason to want to feed your pets DIFFERENTLY, but it also gives a head start to people who are making their 10th character and don't want to have to redo the process of grinding out absurd amounts of food in order to get the proper stats they want.

Considering how small the actual bonuses / level are, I feel that this wouldn't be as game breaking, yet still be a good quality of life fix that I'm sure most players would enjoy.

Ardeof

Rabby
Eh, in order to make that fair to people restarting Story Mode, you'd have to reset all of the values anyway. At that point, we're back to square one. The only difference being that the look/choice of pet stays, rather than having to go and get the pet again and change its name/color.

I think the idea is the pet is supposed to be mostly a cosmetic choice, with a long term investment in finalizing character % stats. As it is, buffing pets is a bit cheap to do and later on in the game if the gold continues to increase the way it has been, we'll be able to buff the pet over +100% easily. So at some point, there'll be some sort of nerf/change to pets. Perhaps along the way they'll consider more adaptability by locking in pet choices as an account profile or something.

Snoochy42

Green Slime
This would be rather nice. If I spend the time to level my pets to become e a sizable investment, it be nice to be able to make life on new characters easier so that I don't have to do additional grinding on other characters later. It'd also be nice to be able to respec pets, since I didn't realize that they buffed your character until later. I thought they were some kind of (not yet implimented) combat pet, or have Pet Battle Betting as a side/mini game, ect. So currently my slime and jumpkin have all sorts of mixed stats and are relative useless compared to my +30Atk/cast Spd Rabby.