Allowing just "Shift" or "Ctrl" for key bindings

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm a WASD player, not only because I'm familiar with the keys from other games, but also because my little finger rests on the "Shift" key and my thumb on the space bar. The only thing is I can't find a way to set "Shift" alone as a key binding. The game sits there waiting for me to press another key saying "Shift +...", as if there isn't already enough keys on the keyboard to bind to.

So, I've gotten far enough using the "\" (backslash) key for my shield instead, which happens to be just to the right of "Shift". However, due to what I recently found out about my keyboard having a key limit which involves said "backslash" key, I can't block and move diagonally to the bottom left or right of my screen simultaneously (thread discussion here if you're interested: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...-to-bottom-left-or-right-while-blocking.4375/).

For this reason, my proposal is to add just the "Shift" or "Control" key in the key bindings. Not bothered how, whether it's holding down the key for a certain amount of time, double tapping it or simply removing key combos as a whole (not saying I'd want this final one implemented, just a couple ideas that could be worth considering).

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Keyboard key limit. Doesn't like me pressing backslash, a/d and s at the same time, because they're all in the same area.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Keyboard key limit. Doesn't like me pressing backslash, a/d and s at the same time, because they're all in the same area.
Ghosting can be quite annoying. Buying a new keyboard that has a higher simultaneous key pressing cap might be something to consider. :p

Snoochy42

Green Slime
Yeah, I ran into a similar issue, I left movement as the Arrow Keys, A for atrack, S for block, then q-t and z-b as hot keys. How ever being able to hold shift and push another button to Quick Key it would be nice instead of all the 'equip' style of setting hotkeys.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The Shift and Ctrl need to keep their options as they are at the moment for controller purposes, as there are not enough buttons on a controller to fit all of the quickslots. This means that you can bind either of them to a shoulder button to be able to change skill screens. That's why I suggested the "double tap" option, say if you were to double tap the button it would set just the button itself.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
A current workaround could be probably some hacky software that maps Control/Shift as other keys, so if you press Shift, game would read it as \ etc. (try googling keyboard remapper)