An alternative to Refund Respecing.

Own

So you get to level 15 and you don't really like your build, at least not for the area you're at. Is it too slow to S-Rank at the Arena? Is it better for single enemies, when you're swarmed with crowds? Is it better for crowd control and one big, beefy enemy is pounding you down? Is it only good for multiplayer parties and you're playing through the singleplayer campaign?

You can refund one talent for 1,500 gold. Go grind 21,000 gold. Your talents probably need tinkering too, that's another 20-30,000.

That's probably gonna take a while of grinding. And when you're past the part your build really isn't suited for... that's a lot of grinding to switch back.

The Refund command is so unviable that most people just choose to /Respec to avoid the burden of it, but Refund is there because Respecing shouldn't be quick or easy.

What if there was a middleground?

You go up to any Goddess Statue in the game and interact with it like it was any other NPC and are presented with an option: Pay a (10,000 - 50,000?) gold tithe to unlock a Rebirth Slot. Choosing this puts you at level 1 with all your current items, gold, story progress, pets and Talent Orbs you have acquired via sidequests. Leveling up will be easier this time around due to your equipment.

You can go back to any statue and swap back to your original level and build at any time. Or you can pay (100,000 - 500,000) gold to unlock a second one, maybe a million gold to unlock a third? And you could possibly delete the build in a slot to free it back up at any time too?

This would definitely be used by me since I like screwing around with different builds but don't like resorting to cheaty commands. :p And making new characters is difficult due to the fact that the game only lets you have 3. I have a main singleplayer one, one for playing with a friend and a bugtester.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I like the idea of having multiple builds saved on the same character and starting over at lvl 1 for a new builds sounds fair. With that said I also like the challenge you're faced with when your build sucks in the area you're in (Shadow Clone in the Toy Factory on Hard was not easy because you always hit the bombs unless you play super safe). I think that having the option to quickly level up a new character so that you can use a more efficient build for that part of the game would throw off the balance and make things a little bit too easy.