any thoughts on adding pugilism

yay or nay on the idea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

starshot11

Green Slime
I heavily enjoy the thought of beating my foes to submission with only my fist, have you thought of adding it to this game as another sub class (or just the ability to be unequipped and punch things would be fine) they would be faster then one handed but do less damage but that's to be expected and maybe the skills would make you kind of like a monk with like chi and whatnot, anyway just a thought that me and other would enjoy.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I remember devs saying they might consider adding fist weapons as a new weapon type, since it's one of the most frequently requested (and not broken, unlike bows). But that's a thing of rather far future.

Kana

Rabby
I imagine that if fist weapons were any shorter than 1-handed, multiplayer could become rather difficult for users with lag. If attack-speed was any faster than 1-handed, or knock-back any weaker, it would be difficult to find the balance between indefinite stun-locking enemies or one mistimed button mash leading to taking damage.

I love the idea, but I think it would be very tricky to implement...

Anything fast paced and up-close could be addictingly fun... "Super Dead House of Ninjas" comes to mind.

Last edited:

starshot11

Green Slime
I imagine that if fist weapons were any shorter than 1-handed, multiplayer could become rather difficult for users with lag. If attack-speed was any faster than 1-handed, or knock-back any weaker, it would be difficult to find the balance between indefinite stun-locking enemies or one mistimed button mash leading to taking damage.

I love the idea, but I think it would be very tricky to implement...

Anything fast paced and up-close could be addictingly fun... "Super Dead House of Ninjas" comes to mind.
Maybe like a combo system with two fast attacks than a stronger one to knock them back with the force between one handed and two handed with the damage of a one handed

GilVallus

Green Slime
Pugilism could have a kind of middle ground style, with similar reach to 1H facilitated by moving forward a lot more when attacking, unless a hit connects in which case you stay glued to enemies better. Skills would play more like 2H skills, focusing on risk-reward or burst damage over DPS.
Or, potentially, skills would be more focused on utility and augment your attacks with several styles to choose from and physical skills for crowd control and burst that gain extra effects relative to your style progressions.