Arcade Buff Statues

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Own, May 4, 2020.

1. Own

Own Moderator

... are a little forgettable. No one really notices the buff the statues give them, unless it's the one that speeds up their movement. The fact that they're on a timer and run out while you're doing anything at all is a bit of a bummer. Changing exactly how they buff the character could be more helpful. Things like:

Imbue Pin - Select a pin to be removed and become permanently active for the character for the rest of the run, freeing up a slot. Or have the game choose one at random. (Maybe more a Big Goddess Statue prize?)

Energized - All attack (non-EP blocking/utility) skills require 25% less energy for the current floor + the floor after.

Speedster - Gain movement speed for the current floor + the floor after. (You really need to fix the 'can't climb Fairy Boss vine if sped up' bug if you go this route.)

Charity - Your next merchant purchase is free.

Defense - As above, for defense.

Finesse - As above, for attack/cast speed.

Strength - As above, for atk/matk.

Deflecting - As above, but your Perfect Guard window is increased a little bit.

Just having things last long enough to matter goes a long way, I think.

Eiroth likes this.
  2. Eiroth

Eiroth Rabby

I definitely agree that it would be nice if they were active for the entire floor, or perhaps a set number of battle rooms. Having a buff run out because you're busy shopping feels a bit strange...

3. Own

Own Moderator

My suggested shrines are pretty generic and bland as well, in hindsight. But I do think the little statues could use changing somehow. They're just... so minor. The perfect guard window increasing one is fun, though.

Eiroth likes this.
  4. matissimo

matissimo Green Slime

True, personally I don't even bother using them in singleplayer. When I see the shrine, I just go back sad, that it wasn't a shady merchant/grindea's big statue. They are just working too short amount of time and I feel like it's just not worth my irl time to get this boost. When I play multiplayer, my friends usually collect the buff, but the only ones that are really useful for us are the S-rank healing one and the fast feet one. It would be much better if the buffs worked for certain amount of battlerooms/floors.