Arcade mode build(s)

Rabby
How do you build yourself if your in arcade mode?

Personally, if I'm not experimenting like trying to be a mage or a rogue I go with this:

-Whirlslash or Heroic Slam
-Whirlslash or Heroic Slam (The one I didn't Grab)
-Ice Nova or Thunder Cloud
-Ice Nova or Thunder Cloud (The one I didn't grab)
-Titan's Throw

Whirlslash Takes out the entirety of the first floor, bees are easy and slimes and bunnies are no match for the superior range and damage of this move. It also allows myself to nearly, if not always, 1 shot all jumpkins that are too close to me. A bit more risky if there's a scarecrow abound, as he will survive and not stagger.

Heroic slam allows the damage for harder enemies (Such as flowers and boars and honeycomb Hives, not to mention scarecrows) to be taken out relatively quickly.

Ice nova allows me to slow down harder to fight enemies, such as boars, while also sustaining my safety by pushing away all enemies that wish to oppose me. This is also helpful once I get to pumpkin town as I am able to slow scarecrows and keep myself safe from Jumpkins.

Thunder Cloud is great due to invincible pet that can kill bees before they even come for a sting. More Damage is great at all times.

Titan's throw for a ranged option that's not magic, a bit more risky to use but it does get the job done. I am able to comfortably kite around, but sometimes grab a second Squire's sword and put both on a quick slot so I can quickly equip one then the other in case I wish to throw my blade and still fight.

After I grab these items, I usually start putting points into Whirlslash and Heroic slam alternatively until I die, as they are my bread and butter.

With this build I can usually make it to floor 5 without a hitch, but usually die due to being too greedy and accepting every challenge thrown my way (Note to self: DO NOT TAKE LEAD BOOTS IN FLOOR 5-6 JUMPKINS AND SCARECROWS WILL MAKE YOU CRY.)
That, and trying to do the missions like get to floor 5 without any health ups can be kinda tough for someone like me who likes to go into every room.

Last edited:
With this build I can usually make it to floor 5 without a hitch, but usually die due to being too greedy and accepting every challenge thrown my way (Note to self: DO NOT TAKE LEAD BOOTS IN FLOOR 5-6 JUMPKINS AND SCARECROWS WILL MAKE YOU CRY.)
That, and trying to do the missions like get to floor 5 without any health ups can be kinda tough for someone like me who likes to go into every room.
Personally this challenge was hard for me as well since I to like to go into every room. If you have not beat it yet I have a few tips.
  • Don't take any of the challenges the priest gives you.
  • Only go into the normal and shop rooms.
  • Focus on killing things from a range.

ragnarokio

Green Slime
The build i'm using right now is

->rock pillar
->fireball
->insect swarm
->level insect swarm until silver
->spend silver points on insect swarm, bronze points on rock pillar

I've experimented with some other stuff too, mostly magic but i liked berserker stance and whirlwind slash a lot. I usually die to the floor 5 boss. The one time I got to floor 7 was probably because i was lucky enough to pick up a boar card. Silver charged insect swarm really helps to burn down the pumpkin woods bosses before they get out of control. I'm thinking I'll have to practice perfect guarding versus them so that I can get silver charged swarm off more consistently without boar card, but that sounds difficult with terrorweed's knockback and pumpking's jumpkins.

I usually disregard blackrobe challenges once i get to pumpkin woods :V

Rokker

Halloweed
This build usually gets me to Boss on Floor 7 or 8.
Sentry is usually not a problem, But Gun-D4m and Phaseman aren't that forgiving.

Start with the wand Perk.
First point goes to Insect Swarm and second goes to Cloud Strike (Cloud strike is really helpful when fighting Bees).
After that put as many points as possible into Insect swarm and then Cloud Strike.

Mainly go for +MATK and secondly +HP.

ragnarokio

Green Slime
Finally got through all 8 floors. I took the wand, 2h, and shield perks. Took fireball level 2, whirlwind level 3, and insect swarm up to silver, then skilled insect swarm and fireball. Switched between 2h and wand according to situation. I've been getting to floor 7/8 pretty consistently with this build. What pushed me over the edge this time was some lucky itemization (tons of MATK) and finding a nurse on the last floor.

I guess I'll try to fight the red giga slime now.