[Arcade Mode] Essence?

Hey I know what Essence is on arcade mode, but I was wondering how I get it, or if it is even in the game yet? A huge thanks to anyone who has contributed to this post in any way, shape, or form.

EDIT: Known ways to earn Essence
If any of these are incorrect or you have found more please say below.
  • When trophies are earned. -Yari
  • Every 100k (100,000) points per run. -Yari
  • Chance when you defeat bosses and elite monsters. -Graylen

Last edited:

Yari

Boar
From trophies in Arcade mode and for every 100k points you get on a run, you'll get 1 essence.
Also sometimes from random drops and from the pond from the fishing quest.

Last edited:

Own

Arcade mode spawns more enemies in a room. It also increases the chance an enemy will be an elite. Elites have a higher chance of dropping essence than normal enemies.

These factors combined mean essence harvest is going to be quicker regardless.

Suny

Rabby
i mean generaly, story mode is this more intresting to know if we get a higher drop chance for items

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
The drop rate is not increased in multiplayer. In Story Mode it's the exact same and in Arcade Mode it's actually slightly lower!

Arcade mode spawns more enemies in a room. It also increases the chance an enemy will be an elite. Elites have a higher chance of dropping essence than normal enemies.

These factors combined mean essence harvest is going to be quicker regardless.

@Vilya Based of what Own said wouldn't essence technically have a higher drop chance in multiplayer arcade than in solo arcade? I mean what I am getting off what he said is that; more players= more enemies which means more special enemies (essence drop chance when killed.) Not trying to sound... picky, just trying to know what I can do to earn essence.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
If you get 100k in one run you get an essence, not total score. So if you get 200k then you get 2 essences after you die. :p

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
@Vilya Based of what Own said wouldn't essence technically have a higher drop chance in multiplayer arcade than in solo arcade? I mean what I am getting off what he said is that; more players= more enemies which means more special enemies (essence drop chance when killed.) Not trying to sound... picky, just trying to know what I can do to earn essence.
The drop rate is a fixed number, which is lower in multiplayer than in single player. Sure, there are more enemies and more special enemies in multiplayer, but the chance of them dropping anything is also lowered to balance this fact.

hadig5

Rabby
Wierd, im pretty damn sure I get much more when I play with other ppl. I pref the arcade mode solo but every time I need some essence I play with my sis and bro XD

Zed's Dead

Green Slime
Essence
in story mode how's that for an idea....
the same chance as getting a card..
but you can use it in arcade mode...

that would be cool....

Pharphis

Rabby
The drop rate is not increased in multiplayer. In Story Mode it's the exact same and in Arcade Mode it's actually slightly lower!
Does this include card drops? Those seem much more common to me in arcade mode than story mode (although my experience in story mode was mostly multiplayer...)