Arcade mode Highscores

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I don't have much motivation to play Arcade unless my high score has been beaten.

Didn't want to drag you into anything against your will anyway :D

Watch this if you need a general strat.

Although I'm more of a 1 handed person, I must've forgotten about the masses of damage the Whirlslash does, and that despite the talent buffs with the Nova, the slash can be used well in boss fights too... Or maybe both will work? :O I'll give it a try >_<

Own

After playing like a ninja, bobbing and weaving my way through Winter and Season Temple, beating every challenge, taking absolutely minimal damage, winding up on the final boss with 7 Health Potions and shedding many tears from Hydras and Yetis ruining my time score...

upload_2015-6-1_7-1-13.png

All is right in Arcadia, back to #1. :) Good luck, Pokesly. First 7 floors S-Ranked, oof. It's pretty darn fun when you've got someone competing with you for first. :D Hopefully @Marsch tries to one-up us as well.

By the by, I could have sworn I'd gotten the Pumpkin King achievement before...? Am I mistaken, or is it not flagging being done correctly? Is there a bug making it award every time or is my memory just foggy?

Also, it would be neat to see more score variation at the end of runs, mix things up a bit. Like...

+10,000 Score per Health Potion still in inventory on the final floor.
+# Score equal to your gold count.

Own

I noticed that hawkmonhope is gone. Cheaty run, I assume?

If so, it's... amusing, that even if you're cheating at SoG it's not enough to put you in the top 3. :)
They beat floor 13 and still somehow came out under josh, who only beat floor 12.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
What I'm happy about is that they're actually removing cheaters. :D I think I'm something like 87th in the world in one minigame that about 500,000 people have played, but that's only after you've taken out the 150-odd hackers that game center has forgotten about.

Sekibanki

Green Slime
After all this time I finally beat arcade mode winter.
UnVGljb.png

It just took one really good run and I finished with potions to spare.

Reactions: Own

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
*sigh*

This is a sight to behold:

fuckyeaaaa.png

I got to the flying fortress baby! Yes I died in a normal room but I got another 10,000 on top of my best. So proud ^-^

[Edit]: You know what's funny? I was 28th on steam about 3-4 weeks ago. With this score I'm now... back to 28th...

Sekibanki

Green Slime
The frosty friend buff is awesome, I just beat winter with it and beat my old high score by a bit. I also got pure S rank times on F13, took to much damage to S rank the floor but it's definitely possible now.

Edit: Finally back in first for now, I feel a little guilty for abusing how op frosty friend is but a win's a win.
K7IxZge.png

I was so close to that temple of seasons double S. I feel the winter fight needs some tweaks for it to be reliably doable without taking damage.

Last edited:

Pokesly

Green Slime
Gratz :) It's a little sad to see all my hard work for a near perfect highscore pre-recent patch (and highscores on 2-4P) gone to waste :'( Lol oh well it was to be expected a lot of things would change making higher scores more easily obtainable, I guess this gives me a reason to play SoG again though :p

Own

I'm basically out of the high score runnings until the game is in a more stable state. Trying to wring out broken skill high scores seems a little on the weak side, especially since those scores will become unbeatable after the patch goes in. :p All I want to do is try and get the S-Rank items I'm missing.

Does anyone have Flying Fortress, Seasonne and Season Temple's?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The Ice Age surely brought some horrible devastation to the leaderboards. :(

Since all the scores set with Frosty Friend is absurd and nigh unbeatable, I'll create new leaderboards before Monday. In fact, I think I'll do it later today or tomorrow!

Own

Aw shit, I'd better nerf the plant or something!

I still kind of wish you listed the skill icons for skills purchased under the high score, but then again some people might not want their super-pro builds copied. :p

I still kind of wish you listed the skill icons for skills purchased under the high score, but then again some people might not want their super-pro builds copied. :p

I had the idea of complete replays of the runs being recorded so the high score has a video to go with it. Sadly, this probably won't be the case, at least for a while.

Own

@Teddy So, that high score in Arcade has been there a few days. 1,583,325. How can that be legit? o_O What build is that? I assume you have to S-Rank every single floor, 1 to 12, which seems... unrealistic, unless some bug is at play.

Also, there's 1,968 high scores. Jeez that's a lot. :D

Enfyny

Green Slime
Meh, the guy of first place is just cheated or something, that's for sure. Achievements on his steam page shows that he got S rank with all 12 floors in the SAME run and he doesn't have a "complete all chalenges" achivements at all. So, yep.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
@Teddy So, that high score in Arcade has been there a few days. 1,583,325. How can that be legit? o_O What build is that? I assume you have to S-Rank every single floor, 1 to 12, which seems... unrealistic, unless some bug is at play.

Also, there's 1,968 high scores. Jeez that's a lot. :D
There are actually two very close to the top with almost the same score so there are either two cheaters or two really skilled players. If they are cheating then maybe they spawn in a bunch Essences to boost their score or something. :)

HexZyle

Boar
A simple method to detect whether they're cheating or not would be to also have the client submit their times and received damage, etc. Don't show all the collected data on the scoreboard, but the developers could access it and identify who's just stuck a bunch of zeroes into their scores.

You could also auto-ban all players who get all S's without at least 20 arcade runs on the account.
I'm sure that the number of people who state that they've been wrongly banned, and you have to unban, will be massively outnumbered by the number of times that people that you normally would have to ban manually get banned automatically.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
@Teddy So, that high score in Arcade has been there a few days. 1,583,325. How can that be legit?

Those guys are friends of the family. Great e-sportsmen professionals that just have the skills to pay the bills. I gave them a call and explained the situation for them, and they agreed to have their scores removed on account of competitive integrity! Can't have people that good competing against common folk, after all!

(A few days? I must be slacking off in my cleaning duties!)