Arcade mode Highscores

Paradinight

Green Slime
yPQ8mXM.png
Mikkums can finally post scores with me,

Thanks @Teddy <3.

Own

You got the Pecko Hat? That'd be the first person I've seen with one. Usually all it takes is one poorly placed summoning crystal to ruin my chances. :p

Also, do you guys not do singleplayer runs? Or have you not beaten it? I don't see you in the top 20. :(

Paradinight

Green Slime
You got the Pecko Hat? That'd be the first person I've seen with one. Usually all it takes is one poorly placed summoning crystal to ruin my chances. :p

Also, do you guys not do singleplayer runs? Or have you not beaten it? I don't see you in the top 20. :(

Yeah, Mikkums and I pretty much only do two-player. We both have been in top 20 single player (he does snowbuddy build but hates it in single) and I get frustrated with the smallest mistake in single player.

But yeah that highscore is the same run we got Pecko Hat! Mikkums dodged everything but 1 bullet and I got hit once as well, was actually impressed (by his dodging) as the rockets at the end of GunD4M (in my opinion) are bugged.

And a side note, Marino is ridiculous.

Own

Okay, wow, I S-Ranked Floor 11 completely. That's not too hard, but it could have gone so wrong at any moment.

45 minutes into this, just got to ninja my way through Floor 12.

Yes! Every single room S-Ranked perfectly, no damage taken! Now just to tangle with Winter--wow, almost no hits taken on him! Surely the streak of S-Ranks will counterbalance the damage taken in Winter and...

upload_2015-8-17_23-59-36.png

aaaaaa

aaaaaaaa

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

k55wRaL.gif

Paradinight

Green Slime
Hahahaah, that sounds about right, I took sub 200 damage once (single player) and I got an A. Very frustrating.

What build was that?

Own

It would be nice to know how much Winter can screw you before you can just ragequit the run. :p I'm assuming that once you break 100 damage, that's it, no matter how many S-Ranks you've gotten - no floor S-Rank for you.

That build is a secret until I hit #1 with it, or get my items. :D It's a super optimized version I saw some streamer using, though. They were missing a few skills and talents to launch it's damage through the roof.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Looking at the damage judging, I realize that it's getting increasingly unfair on later floors due to levels being gained much faster up there (due to larger floor sizes)! If you have a solid S for clear speed you should be able to take <25 % of maxHP and still get an S floor score.

However, the calculation for base MaxHP is Floor + 2, meaning that on floor 12 it's based on 14 as the character level! You're usually level 17 at that point.

For those wondering why I'm not using actual player level, it's because sometimes you don't get a particular level at the exact same time, and people clearing a floor with a level disadvantage probably shouldn't get a score disadvantage on top of that!

Trivia #1: the exact threshold for not getting shafted at Floor 12 is 125 damage. Anything below that should net you a total S despite getting a damage A, as long as you've gotten full S on the clear speeds!

Trivia #2: The correct value for that threshold based on players' actual level on floor 12 would be... 173. I'm sorry :(

Own

You might feel an itch in the region of your soul right about now. That'd be me trying to tap into some latent ESP ability to throttle you with. <3

In happier news.

upload_2015-8-18_8-52-58.png

One down, two to go.

Also, uh, I don't know what's going on here but I'm pretty sure it's a violation of the Summoning Pact Agreement.

upload_2015-8-18_8-55-10.png

Own

So, I was on #1 score pace and went up into a room in Season Temple, immediately holding down a skill button to try and use it ASAP as soon as I got into the next room.

But I didn't load into the next room. Currently I've been Loading... for the past 5 minutes. No crash, just endless loading. Zoning State 3, Thread Progress 90. The only thing I've done even remotely different this time is play in full screen mode, if it isn't related to initiating the skill button hold thing.

I'm guessing this run is over and there's nothing I can do to break out of this, is there.

Edit: Bleh, nevermind. I just force quit it. At least the pecko hat unlock didn't delete. That sucks. :(

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
So, I was on #1 score pace and went up into a room in Season Temple, immediately holding down a skill button to try and use it ASAP as soon as I got into the next room.

But I didn't load into the next room. Currently I've been Loading... for the past 5 minutes. No crash, just endless loading. Zoning State 3, Thread Progress 90. The only thing I've done even remotely different this time is play in full screen mode, if it isn't related to initiating the skill button hold thing.

I'm guessing this run is over and there's nothing I can do to break out of this, is there.

Edit: Bleh, nevermind. I just force quit it. At least the pecko hat unlock didn't delete. That sucks. :(

That does indeed suck :(

I wonder if it had something to do with a room being weirdly setup? Thread Progress 90 vaguely means when it's setting up level specific stuff (in Arcade Mode that's a bunch of stuff for each room). If I had the seed of the run maybe it could've been reproduced with /seed...

I should probably add some feature that tracks the X generated seeds or something, along with the date the run happened or something. That way, if someone runs into something like this the could check that log and perhaps provide the layout which screwed everything up!

Not that it helps your run, of course. Your bad luck today is starting to approach Mikkums levels!

Own

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhh

154 damage, A Rank

I took 75 of it a split second before Winter died.

"There's no way that snowball can hit me where I am."

Wrong. :(

Own

upload_2015-8-23_21-32-1.png

The fairy pet is literally Winato. :( I thought it was just a generic winter fairy and could be confused for having thought you hadn't turned in the Winato quest yet, but it's actually him. That's a disappointing prize, the other prizes are all new things.

I thought I'd at least get a new fairy, if a Summer/Autumn (fairies you can't yet get following you in Story Mode) one wasn't possible. :p

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Fred was away when we implemented this reward, so we basically picked a fae that could already fly in all direction. So while I'm not 100% sure I think there's a big chance of it becoming unique later on :)

Reactions: Own

Own

@Teddy Is the game able to detect arrow cheating? I saw someone had a hack that set their arrows consistently at 20 and they were able to machinegun it in every single room, destroying everything.