Arcade mode Highscores

Own

Pokesly has become the second person to non-cheatily earn his blue fairy. :)

Just 450 points shy, too. :D

Own

Well, I didn't think I'd be seeing anyone legitimately breaking 1.5 million.

1,555,500 hype. Video should be coming soon.

Ardeof

Rabby
Pokesly has become the second person to non-cheatily earn his blue fairy. :)

Just 450 points shy, too. :D

Got S rank floor 11 so far, then completely botched Winter S rank because sometimes blocking snowballs just doesn't work. In fact, 90% of the time my char does not block much of anything from Winter.

p00rleno

Green Slime
So I guess I'll put it in this thread; What's peoples strat for Smashie/Bashie? I see this screen entirely too much. (Namely, the 2/3 of runs I end up with this boss in)

UKaJ8NN.jpg

I'm wondering if I'm just build-ordered out, I run Magic namely Frosty Friend > Meteor. By this fight I'm usually at around Rank 8 frosty friend and Rank 5 meteor with the spillover blue points in protect. Problem being that Smashie OHKOs Frosty Friend no matter what (bug?) and its hard to get a meteor cast in with the constant snowball barrages. No other bosses have this problem, bat-spawning-guy can dunk frosty friend if you're not good about putting him in protect mode when he's going to get hit but it's not a 100% ohko.

Ardeof

Rabby
So I guess I'll put it in this thread; What's peoples strat for Smashie/Bashie? I see this screen entirely too much. (Namely, the 2/3 of runs I end up with this boss in)

UKaJ8NN.jpg

I'm wondering if I'm just build-ordered out, I run Magic namely Frosty Friend > Meteor. By this fight I'm usually at around Rank 8 frosty friend and Rank 5 meteor with the spillover blue points in protect. Problem being that Smashie OHKOs Frosty Friend no matter what (bug?) and its hard to get a meteor cast in with the constant snowball barrages. No other bosses have this problem, bat-spawning-guy can dunk frosty friend if you're not good about putting him in protect mode when he's going to get hit but it's not a 100% ohko.

Idk what to do about frosty friend, but frosty friend is NOT a significant damage source. The trick to defeating smashie and bashie is taking down the frostling boss first. One trick to do this is have a high HP shield and do a perfect guard when the boss throws the snowballs. Once the frostling boss is defeated this way (Before defeating the Frostling Boss, run around dodging both of them until the Frostling throws its' barrage of snowballs), defeat the block with normal attacks. As trying to use skills is nearly impossible to do without getting hit. If using 2h abilities, whirlslash MAY be quick enough. So with the cube boss, timing is everything. 1~2 attacks (I usually do 1 for the sake of saving hp), and then reposition the character out of the way. Predict where the block is going to land, and begin the atk again.

It's a very slow and not really enjoyable boss fight. HP is always lost because perfect guarding the snowballs won't block everything that the frostling throws, even with that gift box shield. The block boss can be done perfectly without losing hp, but the Frostling is a guaranteed imperfect run because of how it's designed. So Arcade Mode is a bit of RNG when it comes to how high of a score a person is going to get, or how likely they'll get S rank on that particular floor.

Ray Gaines

Green Slime
wow I need some help is anyone willing to help me out I want get good at the arcade mode but I am having trouble so if you guys want to team up or something my Skype: raymonddog2445

Ray Gaines

Green Slime
I am not to great at the arcade mode and I am looking for some help I usually go in using the insect swarm or fireball and that's what I build around should I be building around something else? I have been learning to dodge much better than before but I still come up short because I only can get to around 5-6 I may have made it to 7 but I still would like some help :)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I am not to great at the arcade mode and I am looking for some help I usually go in using the insect swarm or fireball and that's what I build around should I be building around something else? I have been learning to dodge much better than before but I still come up short because I only can get to around 5-6 I may have made it to 7 but I still would like some help :)

I think one of the most versatile tricks is to use the Frosty Friend summon as a secondary spell, because it helps tank some of the monsters!

The best build for highscore hunting right now seems to be Frosty Friend + Flamethrower, but I think Insect Swarm is much safer than Flamethrower if you just want to win.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
If you want a combination of the two (as in getting through rooms moderately quickly with the sacrifice of taking a tad more damage) try Earth Spike and Meteor, with Prismatic as your main talent. I'll be making a more in depth article on this build when I got the time, but I've taken it through the whole of story mode without having to swing my staff! (well, much)

Ardeof

Rabby

Just takes a bit of practice handling the different mob attacks. You'll find that different skill combinations result in better/worse performance in Arcade Mode.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
OMFG HOW AM I STILL ALIVE WHAT MIRACLE HAPPENED HERE *pants impatiently*

Marino.png

I thought I'd never see that. Scraped it by the skin of my teeth mind you. Survived with 109 DEF, around 140 for 3 seconds if I landed a hit on him. Is that a little over the top on defence there?

To be honest I didn't stand much of a chance after that, and died in the room before the boss on the next floor. It was the Toy Machine as well, would've been onto the Season Temple solo :(

Ardeof

Rabby
Congrats. Compared to Smashie & Bashie though, Marino is a bit of a cake walk. It's one of the bosses that I would support a slight nerf to, because the snowballs can't be fully blocked by the best shield in the game.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
To be honest, with my build, a dodging strike or two will probably let me hand their arses to them. I can get a pretty quick kill of both of them in story mode. The idea is you're not supposed to block them, but it is often the best way of doing damage to the frostling without taking that much yourself.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Congrats. Compared to Smashie & Bashie though, Marino is a bit of a cake walk. It's one of the bosses that I would support a slight nerf to, because the snowballs can't be fully blocked by the best shield in the game.
Not even if you spam the blocking to get a bunch of perfect guards?

Ardeof

Rabby
Not even if you spam the blocking to get a bunch of perfect guards?

When a perfect guard is made, there is a certain amount of time where projectiles can land on the shield and be rebounded. Which means you can hold down the shield button and perfect guard and not have to keep pressing.